Technical Fixing snapped clutch pedal in-situ.

Currently reading:
Technical Fixing snapped clutch pedal in-situ.

Thought I would have a go at fixing my snapped clutch pedal, that failed at the weld which I believe is common.
I was hoping to be able to remove just the pedal, however the schematics I found were for a Fiat Panda not the 500, however I managed to fins a way to fix the pedal in place so far has been holding up for 3 weeks.

Whilst i admire your out of the box thinking and creativity i personally dont think id want to driving around with a vital component basically held together with whats in effect a glue! it could very well fail again at an inconvenient if not dangerous time putting yourself an others at risk!.
a replacement used pedal/box is not that expensive from e-bay or the like and you would be as safe as possible and have peace of mind knowing that its been done properly!, some cheeper repairs might cost you more than you think!!.

Whilst i admire your out of the box thinking and creativity i personally dont think id want to driving around with a vital component basically held together with whats in effect a glue! it could very well fail again at an inconvenient if not dangerous time putting yourself an others at risk!.
a replacement used pedal/box is not that expensive from e-bay or the like and you would be as safe as possible and have peace of mind knowing that its been done properly!, some cheeper repairs might cost you more than you think!!.
The clutch pedal looks to be a common fault, as there are many posts on different forums.
In order to remove the full assembly you need to remove steering rack, airbag, panels underneath and is probably more costly than scrapping the car as it only cost my £700. The pedal has been designed to beak at a certain fatigue, however there is a design fault here as it should not fail under normal use? If it was the brake pedal with the issue then I would do as you suggest, however the clutch is a nice to have and at least you can still drive the car without the clutch by matching revs. Importantly the brake and accelerator seem all okay.

Back