Technical Fitting braided stainless steel brake hoses

Currently reading:
Technical Fitting braided stainless steel brake hoses

i have the brake lines aquired from fiattech. the garage couldnt fit them today as they said theyre missing parts. said that they need p-clips or grommets to tie them down otherwise they would flap about and get torn off.

what do i need to fit the hoses?

i have the brake lines aquired from fiattech. the garage couldnt fit them today as they said theyre missing parts. said that they need p-clips or grommets to tie them down otherwise they would flap about and get torn off.

what do i need to fit the hoses?

what was wrong with the ones already there, take em off the old ones

On the front strut just put a cable tie either side of the rubber grommit to stop the hose moving ..cant remember what I did on the rear ones though its been some time since I did them..:eek:

god u lads are quick!!! :p

what was wrong with the ones already there, take em off the old ones

well why didnt they do that then?

phil, would it be as simple as cable ties? i dont know what the heck the garage guy was on about. theyre J&P autos on penarth road if you know at all. they fitted my suspension at the begining of the year.

has anyone else fitted braided hoses? what did you do?

god u lads are quick!!! :p

well why didnt they do that then?

phil, would it be as simple as cable ties? i dont know what the heck the garage guy was on about. theyre J&P autos on penarth road if you know at all. they fitted my suspension at the begining of the year.

has anyone else fitted braided hoses? what did you do?

Cable ties were a simple and secure solution to the problem ..have you ever tried to get one off without cutting it of..? ;) a great way of keeping radios in place to instead od duck tape..:devil:

Well, I know the Norwegian name for it: "Patentbånd". It is a metal strip, made of steel, the shape is like a sinus (sine?) wave on both sides (mirrored) with holes in between to fit bolts or similar.

With these steel bands you can make any loop you like, attach brackets, weld or whatever. Get the point?

Here is a link:
http://www.clasohlson.no/Product/Product.aspx?id=22822911

Back