General Fitted my Xenons..Heres How

Currently reading:
General Fitted my Xenons..Heres How

I've been following this thread for a while, but to be honest look at those pics on page 1, the halogen bulb is brighter than the HID. Also the HID is showing blue light, which if we go back to school days and filters, blue would make the light less intense, meaning darker.

As mentioned the HIDs are illegal and to be honest you have bought a cheap imitation from Ebay. LOL. So what the seller says is the gods honest truth, come on he's a business man, if he put non road legal, cheap imitations that create unwanted glare etc, would you still buy from him? Guessed not.

HID aftermarket kits have dropped down in price and tarting them up in posh boxes to make them look expensive is just sale tactics.

If you want HIDs, upgrade to factory fit Xenons.

and just how much would they cost for fiat ones?

its my car, and me driving it.. and i can say they are much much brighter!
if you have see nthe feedback he has..it looks like a couple of thousand people agree with me. im happy with the kit. looks great, is alot brighter. and will pass an mot.

(y)

and just how much would they cost for fiat ones?

its my car, and me driving it.. and i can say they are much much brighter!
if you have see nthe feedback he has..it looks like a couple of thousand people agree with me. im happy with the kit. looks great, is alot brighter. and will pass an mot.

(y)

I can't agree with you more, Coyle. As long as you're happy and they pass an MOT, there ain't nothing wrong with them (y) You did the right thing, you fitted them and then got them tested at an MOT station to make sure they're legal, so there can't be anything wrong with them.

People just need to be aware that not all HID conversions are going to turn out quite so well and that people and especially the police take a dim view of being blinded by oncoming cars on a dark night...

I can't agree with you more, Coyle. As long as you're happy and they pass an MOT, there ain't nothing wrong with them (y) You did the right thing, you fitted them and then got them tested at an MOT station to make sure they're legal, so there can't be anything wrong with them.

People just need to be aware that not all HID conversions are going to turn out quite so well and that people and especially the police take a dim view of being blinded by oncoming cars on a dark night...

Thanks mate! i know people are welcome to their opinions and all that malarky. but i got them checked over, so they can't be that bad. they are very bright. but i wanted to make sure they weren't blinding. i didnt fancy gettin flashed at by every car :)

i dont think it is aftermarket hids that are illegal as long as they self level? that is the main issue with them when they are fitted aftermarket and where the danger comes from. is it part of an mot to make sure they self level? if not then it would pass i guess but still a danger on the road?

that aside they look sweet as mate. would like to do it myself but think i would try and get the originals.

do yours self level coyle?

are we saying factory fitted ones dont have fog lights? would mean another obsolete button on the car lol.

Are we saying factory fitted ones dont have fog lights? Would mean another obsolete button on the car lol.

Yup blank rocker between dash light dimmer and up and down for computer where headlight leveler should be and blank to left of parking light button where front fog switch should be...

Will have to post some pics of mine one of these fine days :D

Last edited:
As much as 'm not a fan of personalised plates... I coldn't help doing a search and I found this for my Abarth "R88RTH" :D

Closest I could find in 5 minutes... I quite like it :slayer:

4)Remove the two plastic panels from the back of the headlights so you have access to all bulbs. the sidelights are then clearly visible so just twist and pull to take them out. and fit your new led's. I went for the ones with 4leds on each unit:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWN:IT&ih=015
You will obviously need 2 sets as the stilo has 4 sidelights. When you have them in, plug your light unit back in to make sure they work, if they don't just turn them round and that should do the trick.
A question about this...
Having it installed, did you have any bulp failure messages?
I'm interested of getting a pair of those and i want to know if there will be any problem.

Cheers

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back