General First blat of the year

Currently reading:
General First blat of the year

Got up relatively early this morning to take the little Schumi out for a blat around the Brecon Beacons.

Started badly, with a flat battery which wouldn't take a charge (and was only resolved once Halfords opened with the purchase of a new one), but the drive was mostly fantastic.

I'm sure it's placebo, but it does seem to go better with the K&N 57i induction kit and Sportex sports exhaust (cat-back) on it.

****** of the day goes to the Nissan 370Z driver who held me up between Llandrindod Wells and Llandovery. Yes, it's all very impressive that you can hit 100mph on the straight bits - but performing an emergency stop at the slightest hint of a bend is a little less impressive. Really frustrating, as he (she?) could see I was going significantly quicker in the twisty bits, yet every straight saw them floor it.

Mind you, I was also held up by wobbly bikers at times. If an old Seicento is quicker, perhaps they need a more suitable hobby. Like bowls, perhaps.

Sadly, I ended up being recovered the last 10 miles or so by the AA after the crank position sensor died on me. A 15 quid part and 10 minutes to fit, once ordered. Very frustrating.

schumi - 1.jpg

schumi - 7.jpg

schumi - 4.jpg

schumi - 5.jpg

schumi - 2.jpg

Back