Fire Damage...

Currently reading:
Fire Damage...

Lil Luce

Hey there :) ,

I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how to get rid of smoke damage. :chin: I was unfortunate enough to have a fire on the backseat of my Fiat Seicento Sporting and there is loads of smoke damage. I'm really unsure how I could get all the smoke out of the seats and ceiling. At the moment everythings covered with a think sticky, brown mess and it sticks! hehe Any advise would be welcome!

Thanks (y)

xxxLoUxxx

good excuse to do a dunc-stylee interior job :cool:

but scrappies would be a good idea for new interior. apart from alot of scrubbing on the backseats etc to get the sticky mess off.

hope you get it sorted

Hey :) ,

Ive only got one picture of the backseat which i'll see if i can post. If you look at the picture you can see how bad the seat is and what the smoke damage is like just under the window.

Thanks for all your answers, I'm looking for the cheapest solution, im a poor university student, so i doubt i could afford to replace the whole interior. i was thinking about hiring out a valting machine to see if that should get it off if good old elbow grease doesnt.

any more ideas would be brilliant.

thanks (y)

xxxLoUxxx

The Car...
Fire Damage in the Car (1014 x 760).jpg

Yes I'm fully insured so i know i could claim, and that sounds like a good idea writing it off and then buyin it back.

However, I've currently got a years no claims bonus (I'm only 19 so u can imagine how high my insurance is) and with that bonus i saved myself 800 pounds on this years insurance so im unsure if ill benefit much if i claim because I'll loose my bonus and therefore have to pay loads for my insurance again.

What do u rekon i should do?

xxxLoUxxx

why what do you think started it?

were a bit stumped for what started it but the likihood was a cigarette but, although we had a cigarette a good hour or so before we parked the car and i would have thought we would have noticed but perhaps not this time eh?! hehe

oh well **** happens, and usually to my lil fiat! :shakehead :)

xxxLoUxxx

That type of sei interior is plentiful and not too expensive. Ive seen a full set go for 75 quid on ebay!

Poor student? use your loan :D

or get a summer job like i used to :)

Hope you get the sei fixed. I hope youve enjoyed the car up to this point (y)

If it was me i'd take the rear bench out just to get rid of the smell and consider quitting smoking(y)

Back