Tipo Fiat Tipo 2017 - CarPlay, or lack of?

Currently reading:
Tipo Fiat Tipo 2017 - CarPlay, or lack of?

trevb

Hi All,

I've just purchased a 2017 Fiat Tipo Station Wagon and really don't want phone holders / wires cluttering up my dash.

According to the Apple CarPlay website I should have CarPlay functionality which means I can ditch the phone for navigation... To my knowledge I have a Uconnect 5" System (without Nav) running Uconnect Live 9.7.0 software.

So, question is - do I actually have CarPlay, if not what are my options? When I plug into my partner's CarPlay system it just pops up ready to go but on mine nothing (even with the same cable).

Thanks - Trev

Thanks, if I wanted to upgrade to the 7" can I assume it's interchangeable?

Fiat didn't seem to think it was possible so I've now fitted an aftermarket double-din unit which has dramatically increased the audio quality and given me navigation options etc with CarPlay

Cheers - Trev

Olá a todos,

Acabei de comprar um Fiat Tipo Station Wagon 2017 e realmente não quero suportes / fios de telefone bagunçando meu painel.

De acordo com o site Apple CarPlay, devo ter a funcionalidade CarPlay, o que significa que posso abandonar o telefone para navegação... Até onde sei, tenho um sistema Uconnect 5" (sem Nav) executando o software Uconnect Live 9.7.0.

Então, a pergunta é - eu realmente tenho CarPlay, se não, quais são minhas opções? Quando conecto o sistema CarPlay do meu parceiro, ele aparece pronto para funcionar, mas no meu nada (mesmo com o mesmo cabo).

Obrigado - Trev
O meu é de 7"" e funciona tanto com android ou ios. Penso que os de 5" ainda não suportam essa funcionalidade.

I was quite shocked when I saw that the one in my car (2018 1.4 easy estate) had functions for full blutooth connection but that's only for calls. No form of car play or anything. I was a bit shocked as it kind of seemed like it would be such a small thing to add considering everything else is pretty much already there anyway. I planned to upgrade my unit to one that did as I hate the cables, USB cables to my iphone are so dodgy and then you have to mess around with them wiggling them around to get them to work etc. So annoying!

Fiat didn't seem to think it was possible so I've now fitted an aftermarket double-din unit which has dramatically increased the audio quality and given me navigation options etc with CarPlay

Cheers - Trev
Can you tell me more about this?

Not sure on the double din. I have the tipo shaped one, kinda single din with the screen added so it could be considered double din?
Search the usual sites, I can recommend to get one with the "Dimm" button as it dims the screen completely and helps in the dark. Also bound the right button between vol up/down to the screen brightness.
Price seems to have gone up as I remember paying under 250€

Back