CarPlay 😕

Currently reading:
CarPlay 😕

Davoid

Hi, I've been using CarPlay for first time with iPhone 11 but it seems to mess up my phone settings. After I last used it and disconnected my phone (pulled out the usb lead) my phone keeps saying "no internet connection" when on 4G and trying to google or use maps or messenger/WhatsApp etc. However I discovered if I start a hotspot on it then I can connect my iPad to my phone then I can do all these things on my iPad. So it must be connected to internet 🤷. On my phone I've tried 'forgetting the car', disabling CarPlay, disconnecting Bluetooth, forgetting the Bluetooth device etc etc. Sometimes 4G internet comes back normally for a very short time but then goes again. Anyone have any ideas how to put phone back to normal as if I'd never tried CarPlay ever? (BTW the last thing that happened when using CarPlay was that Googlemaps was trying to reroute but got stuck in a loop and couldn't do it so pulled the usb lead out. Maybe related?)

Hi, I've been using CarPlay for first time with iPhone 11 but it seems to mess up my phone settings. After I last used it and disconnected my phone (pulled out the usb lead) my phone keeps saying "no internet connection" when on 4G and trying to google or use maps or messenger/WhatsApp etc. However I discovered if I start a hotspot on it then I can connect my iPad to my phone then I can do all these things on my iPad. So it must be connected to internet 🤷. On my phone I've tried 'forgetting the car', disabling CarPlay, disconnecting Bluetooth, forgetting the Bluetooth device etc etc. Sometimes 4G internet comes back normally for a very short time but then goes again. Anyone have any ideas how to put phone back to normal as if I'd never tried CarPlay ever? (BTW the last thing that happened when using CarPlay was that Googlemaps was trying to reroute but got stuck in a loop and couldn't do it so pulled the usb lead out. Maybe related?)
I use Carplay daily on an iPhone 11, without any issues albeit in a VW.

Two things spring to mind 1 is the phone up to date. 2 how long have you been using iPhone, ie is your iPhone 11 restored from an older iPhone 7 which was restored from an iphone 5 and that an earlier 3GS or something. Basically has years of using the iPhone allowed corruptions from older versions of iOS and older phones to creep into your restores, it may be you need to reset the phone entirely (backing it up first) then try and see if you have problems. If that works then look at restoring everything back to the phone again and hope it keeps working.

This is very much a phone problem and not a car issue, as Carplay is just a projection from the phone, to the screen in the car.

Hi, you're right in that it was the phone. Discovered that my network Smarty says you need to change APN settings if abroad else "your phone won't work". Well it was working fine then it just went weird, possibly when entered Belgium. Anyway I changed the APN and now it's working fine. Thanks for your input.

Back