Technical Fiat Scudo 2.0 JTD 2003 WILL NOT START!

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Scudo 2.0 JTD 2003 WILL NOT START!

just disconnected the cat and still no start

doing a full circle again does anyone know at what voltage the injectors operate?
Sorry bud it was another process of elimination, hard to know what the problem is when the van is not in front me.

I seen a Youtube tutorial were a guy was cleaning injectors while they were out of the van. He used a 12v battery to operate the open/close mechanism inside them so I'd go with 12 volts.

I've read a good few posts on this Scudo forum, earth straps & wiring are other bed bugs with this van. Check the engine earth strap & signs of chaffing of the loom around the engine bay.

that's how I am working just trying to find out what it isn't!

Im not sure if I am getting enough power to the injectors testing with my multi meter but the voltage never goes above 2volts ?

checked the earth and that seems fine.

bad computer?

that's how I am working just trying to find out what it isn't!

Im not sure if I am getting enough power to the injectors testing with my multi meter but the voltage never goes above 2volts ?

checked the earth and that seems fine.

bad computer?
2 volts would barely light up a small dashlight bulb so this could well be your problem. It's the ECU that energises the injectors so check the jack plugs & wiring going into it.

I had only checked the continuity of the cables before like a nimwhit!

am I right in assuming I cannot just change the ecu for one from the scrap yard with out the matching transponder ignition barrel and key?

going to have a google and see if I can find anyone who has swapped one out.

Cheers mate

I had only checked the continuity of the cables before like a nimwhit!

am I right in assuming I cannot just change the ecu for one from the scrap yard with out the matching transponder ignition barrel and key?

going to have a google and see if I can find anyone who has swapped one out.

Cheers mate
I'd imagine you'd need the appropriate transponder & ECU, you could probably have your original key programmed for the different ECU therefore keeping the door locks & ignition.
TBH, I haven't heard of the ECU's giving that much trouble & you'd think it would throw up some fault codes. Instead of throwing more good money after bad, have it tested with a proper diagnostics.

I'd imagine you'd need the appropriate transponder & ECU, you could probably have your original key programmed for the different ECU therefore keeping the door locks & ignition.
TBH, I haven't heard of the ECU's giving that much trouble & you'd think it would throw up some fault codes. Instead of throwing more good money after bad, have it tested with a proper diagnostics.
There's also a double relay which goes to the ECU, if this was faulty, it would be a cheaper fix than an ECU.

it has got aftermarket door locks on with separate key so that bit wouldn't be a problem,

I am going to have a think tonight. I have a elm obd2 tester and software on my laptop for trouble shooting and it connects and says there is no trouble codes to report if I unplug a sensor and re run a test it knows the sensor isn't there and gives me a code.

its got to be the ecu if the injectors arnt getting the voltage?

I have just had all the cable off the injectors and traced them back to the ecu and there is no broken cables.

thanks for your help mate ill see what I am going to do tomorrow and give you an update hopefully to say its working ! ! ! !

If ecu was faulty eml light will not come on at all my ecu was faulty got the kit from srappy for 100 pound

Hi guys

bit of an update.

still not working as should but I have made progress.

I fetched an ecu from the scrap yard (£25) then had it decoded (£45)
the engine now starts but will not idle nor will it allow me to rev, I think the fact I am only getting 2volts to all the injectors.

the only think I can think of is that there is a bad earth causing the voltage drop?

P0190 - Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit Malfunction

I have a code! never been so happy to have a code.

Possible symptoms
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
- Engine will not start

maybe a new fuel rail pressure sensor

Had one would start ok but would cut out as soon as u revved it that was down to fuel rail pressure valve

new update.

changed relief valve this didn't change a thing!

back to the injector voltage. am I right in assuming that there should be 12v to the injector?

when I use my multi meter I have put the red to live on battery and touched the earth of the injector when I do this it starts at around 11v and slowing decreases until it reaches around 5v. If I then take the earth from the injector plug and put it to the other side of the ecu I get the full 12v and it doesn't decrease.

does this mean my ecu is shot?

I hope not!

Did you ever get to the bottom of your Scudo problem?

hi. i am new to the forum and i have a massive problem with my fiat scudo.
the cam belt pulley keeps on breaking. when it breaks he breaks the cam rockers. this has happened three times so far. everything has been changed, both camshafts and pulley and diesel pump. it seems to have a problem everytime i change the oil. please help.

Hi, I'm new to this site, but just out of interest did you check the shut of switch (red button) under the bonnet drivers side, beside bulkhead?

hi. i am new to the forum and i have a massive problem with my fiat scudo.
the cam belt pulley keeps on breaking. when it breaks he breaks the cam rockers. this has happened three times so far. everything has been changed, both camshafts and pulley and diesel pump. it seems to have a problem everytime i change the oil. please help.
Is this the RHW 2.0 JTD 16v Engine? The sprockets at the end of camshaft are designed to move before the shaft breaks, one or both may still be mis aligned...it is also worth renewing the chain that drives them...also worth checking your garage is competent to set the timing?

Hi, i just reading your posts, my 2005 scudo jtd is having same problems to your van. Did you ever get the van going or did you give up?

Back