Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Punto Pop+ Radio Not Working

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶

Euan2002

Hi All,

I have a 2015 Fiat Punto Pop+. I have an aftermarket radio which has stopped working nearly 2 years after being fitted. When I brought the car the radio did not work and I got someone to replace the old radio with an aftermarket radio and get it working again. It has now stopped working again. I’m not sure what is causing this.

I have checked the fuse at the back of the radio, it was blown and I replaced it and it is still not working. What’s causing this and how do I get my radio working again?

Hi All,

I have a 2015 Fiat Punto Pop+. I have an aftermarket radio which has stopped working nearly 2 years after being fitted.

I have checked the fuse at the back of the radio, it was blown and I replaced it and it is still not working. What’s causing this and how do I get my radio working again?

Hi :)

To blow a fuse.. it has somehow drawn more power than anticipated

Possibility that its the Radio has failed..taking out the fuse :(

Ideally you want to use a meter to see IF there is still power and Earth at the radios wiring connections... but you can use a test bulb

If the fuse on the radio has blown then there is a chance the fuse in the fuse box of the car has blown as well.

if the radio is fitted with overpowered speakers then this can draw too much current and blow the fuse. The standard radio is likely only rated to deliver 20Watts max to the speakers so if you have some 3 party aftermarket speakers rated for 100watts this could be the reason why, and why the previous radio failed.

just as a warning about using a bulb for testing, fiat radios have the canbus lines on the wires that other cars would use for radio power, if you stuck a 55watt bulb on the can line you could easily draw too much power and seriously damage the canbus modules in the cars computers, so a multi meter is essential for testing.

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Back