Technical Fiat Punto Evo ASR/Hill holder error

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Punto Evo ASR/Hill holder error

sparkyzv

Hello everyone!

I have the situation as follows...
The ASR lamp comes on when I start the car (Fiat Punto Evo 1.3JTD 90cv '10) and a message ASR/Hill holder unavailable appears.
I read the error codes with Multiecuscan and see that in the ABS module there is an error C0051 - Steering angle sensor (NGE), in Delphi electric steering -> C1002 - Steering column motor torque position sensors.
That's OK. There is a problem related to the steering column if I understand correctly.
BUT I have noticed that if I steer the wheel to right, then to left, then to center, turn off the car. And by turning on the car there no lamps on until the next starting of the car.

Would it worth to start with changing the brake switch or definitely I'll need to change the steering angle sensor?

Can anyone suggest me what can I try to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance!
Peter

Last edited:
Mine started doing this too for the past few weeks, the steering light comes on and i get all these messages, but as soon as i touch the wheel the steering light disappears.
From my experience with Fiats, this might be the battery. The electric power steering is very sensitive to current drops.

I have a evo 2010 75kw and have the same situation. Acording to the mecanic is a sensor on the direction colun. since the repair is expensive do to dificult access i posponed the repair but i manage to circunvent that by leaving the direction whell turn to 2 o clock and on that position the light 90% of the time doesnt comes on.

Back