Technical fiat punto evo 2012 diesel

Currently reading:
Technical fiat punto evo 2012 diesel

Giannismanoglis

good evening to you! I have the particular car and when it is cold it emits white smoke and there is a small vibration for a minute or so, after a minute the vibration and the smoke go away and it works fine. I have also removed the injector and in general it works very well. I went to a mechanic and he told me that some valve must be faulty.

good evening to you! I have the particular car and when it is cold it emits white smoke and there is a small vibration for a minute or so, after a minute the vibration and the smoke go away and it works fine. I have also removed the injector and in general it works very well. I went to a mechanic and he told me that some valve must be faulty.
If it only happens from cold I would first check the heater plugs are all working, as the white smoke is probably unburnt fuel. If you smell it it may smell like diesel. The vibration would be a misfire caused by at least one cylinder being reluctant to run.
Also as engines get older the compressions get less and with diesel engines also known as CI (compression ignition engines) the lower the compression the harder they are to start as the fuel doesn't get hot enough to ignite from cold. Problem goes away with warmer engine and weather.

when I took it to him he told me that he measured the cylinder pressure and the pressure from the cylinder at the start is reduced

when I took it to him he told me that he measured the cylinder pressure and the pressure from the cylinder at the start is reduced
If the cylinder compressions are low it will certainly not help, is the engine worn/high mileage/using oil etc.?
I would make sure the heater plugs are all working, after that if still no good it sounds like an expensive engine rebuild if compressions are too low.:(

στον έναν κύλινδρο ήταν χαμηλή μου είπε. το αυτοκίνητο λειτουργεί κανονικά μετά τα δύο πρώτα λεπτά όταν σταματάει ο καπνός,it has 143,000 km ,I don't think the engine is in trouble.

Which engine do you have, two options on the Punto Evo the 1.3 or the 1.6. as you're in greece both where quite common I seem to think but the 1.6 was rarer in some markets.

My 1.6 was quite smoky when it started up, it had a large exhaust system and I think it used to get a lot of condensation which would then turn to steam as the car was started so you got a lot of "white smoke" out of the tail pipe especially in the winter.

The glow plugs on these should give a warning if they are not working by flashing at you. Temperatures are Low in Greece today I see so plugs may kick in, but for the most part on these little fiat engines they will not preheat and the engine should start perfectly fine without in warmer temps Do you get the same smoke in the summer, or is this something that is only cropping up in cold weather?

Your mechanic isn't sounding to be very helpful if all he is saying is "some valve must be faulty" or saying compression is low.

As an example you could have 4 cylinders with 1)199psi, 2)199psi, 3) 197psi 4)199psi, in this case 3 is low but it would make zero difference.

Back