General Fiat Punto 2020 - 2022

Currently reading:
General Fiat Punto 2020 - 2022

ReadySteady98

Just looking at some cars online, Fiat Punto’s to be specific that are 2020 - 2022 plates with 5k miles to 30k miles.

Looking to possibly buy one in the future depending on how long my current car is going to keep me going.

My question is how reliable are the Puntos are they quite reliable if you maintain them and are their parts cheap to but if anything goes wrong with them?

Many thanks

Just looking at some cars online, Fiat Punto’s to be specific that are 2020 - 2022 plates with 5k miles to 30k miles.

Looking to possibly buy one in the future depending on how long my current car is going to keep me going.

My question is how reliable are the Puntos are they quite reliable if you maintain them and are their parts cheap to but if anything goes wrong with them?

Many thanks
A 2020 - 2021 Punto is going to be extremely unreliable by virtue of their non existence, it will never get you from A-to-B

They stopped making and selling the Punto in 2018 so 2018 is the newest one you’ll find and even then there are very few about. Looking the other day I found one 2017 car forsale in the whole of the UK.

They changed the factory that made them to build a different model of car in 2018 so if you happened to find something registered any newer than that, it was still built in 2018 at the latest.

Otherwise a 2018 model will have a 1.4 8v engine as this was the only option at that time, reasonably reliable but massively under powered.
The run out specs mean they got things like climate control and even a touch screen radio as an option, just sadly that touch screen was made very cheaply and was very poor quality.
The other thing is these were basic cars usually a flat non metalic colour red, black Or white. Ugly alloy wheels and very basic styling.
The car is basically the same Punto Evo from 2009/2010 very little changed other than cosmetically and was a facelift of the grande Punto with some tech updates from 2005 so they were quite and old car.
Fiat killed the Punto after terrible safety reviews from NCAP mainly driven by the fact that fiat had done little to update the model since 2005 making the basic car a 13 year old design by then

Last edited:
Back