General FIAT Panda Trussardi (2019)

Currently reading:
General FIAT Panda Trussardi (2019)

Aaaaaagh. My eyes, my eyes...

There's nothing in the least bit chic about that.

Epic fail.

Citroen tried a similar colour with the DS3, which was chic to begin with, tbf.

That also failed, epically. This dumpy little turd has no chance.

Last edited:
Aaaaaagh. My eyes, my eyes...

There's nothing in the least bit chic about that.

Epic fail.

Citroen tried a similar colour with the DS3, which was chic to begin with, tbf.

That also failed, epically. This dumpy little turd has no chance.

Not even swayed by rear disk brakes on the 1.2? Me neither.

I liked that metallic dark brown that Dacia used to do. Not this though.

I saw one of these at the dealership when I took my Tipo for a service last week. On the factory sticker on the window it said 'Launch stock' so it's going to be available here. The exterior wasn't too bad in the metal, but not as nice as the brown/bronze that they've used before as Metal Bronze on Alfa and 'Cosy Brown' on the Panda. Im pretty sure the sticker said 1.2 69cv, so it's a bit 'all show, no go' unfortunately. I'd rather have the TwinAir.

Attachments

• DSC_0994.JPG
    DSC_0994.JPG
    7.7 MB · Views: 75
  • DSCPDC_0002_BURST20190912131016247_COVER.JPG
    DSCPDC_0002_BURST20190912131016247_COVER.JPG
    7 MB · Views: 84
Bleugh!

The stupid 'dog-that-looks-like-a-meerkat-on-a-stick' logos are everywhere - steering wheel, seats, wheels, even embossed on the rear side-windows, if that video is to be believed.

And why does the car in that video have the Cross's terrain control selector? Presumably it's a 4x4 version that's not available in the UK. Lucky us.

Whatever, Fiat just died of shame.

Last edited:
To be fair, they took a similar chance with the Classic Sisley (it's not like we all knew who Sisley were before their name was slapped on the Panda), the difference being that was a mid-life upgrade and revitalised the Pandas sales. This feels more like an excuse to flog a dead horse, before the new version gets properly announced.
Just not really sure why they would choose Trussardi to work with, you'd think a company like North Face, Berghaus or Karrimor would make more sense for a 4x4.

Bleugh!

The stupid 'dog-that-looks-like-a-meerkat-on-a-stick' logos are everywhere - steering wheel, seats, wheels, even embossed on the rear side-windows, if that video is to be believed.

And why does the car in that video have the Cross's terrain control selector? Presumably it's a 4x4 version that's not available in the UK. Lucky us.

Whatever, Fiat just died of shame.
Glad you explained the logo. I thought it was some sort of, ahem, shall I say, appendage:cry:

The paint looks matte in some of those images, but the other images confirm that it's not.

So, it's a shiny turd. Fiat's actually found a way to polish a turd!!

What an amazing step forward in automotive design!

(And Sisleys were cool. They did a lovely metallic green one. It had a logo of a canoe, not a logo of a dog-that-looks-like-a-meerkat-on-a-stick. That's not cool. Or chic. It's something else beginning with c.)

Last edited:
Available for ordering in Belgium, 14500€, as far as I could see (keeping in mind the Fiat configurator is notably unreliable) nothing to configure.

1.2l, 69hp, 5 speed. Pricewise between normal Panda and the City Cross.

Given that brown/black are fashion colours now, that Trussardi is not unknown as a brand here "on the continent", and the Panda is one of the best city cars I've been in, I think it'll sell rather better than the forum here expects.

Back