Technical Fiat panda mk3 169 Rear fog light doesnt work

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat panda mk3 169 Rear fog light doesnt work

There is no power coming to my rear fog light lamp. When I press the rear fog light button on the front console, the lights do not turn on or activate.

I think fog lights were previously installed and removed from the car. In this case, they may have disabled them completely while removing the installation.

But I couldn't find the installation. There is not much information about the rear fog lights in the diagrams, or I could not see them.

Do all the electrics work

Rear heated windscreen

Reversing light

F51 should affect other things

Does it work if you put the rear wiper on also

Screenshot_20231001_101054.jpg

Last edited:
I guess I misunderstood.
All of the hardware you mentioned works independently.

However, I never tried to turn on the fog lights while the rear wiper was operating.

I will try this.

I also want to ask one more thing.

There are 4 electrical sockets just under the chassis of the vehicle. Is this socket for front fog lights?

I want to install fog lights on the front and activate them, but I have no idea.

Attachments

• IMG_20231001_151821 (1).jpg
    IMG_20231001_151821 (1).jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20231001_151842 (1).jpg
    IMG_20231001_151842 (1).jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20231001_151821.jpg
    IMG_20231001_151821.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20231001_151842.jpg
    IMG_20231001_151842.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 26
Looks like the unused speed sensor that's not used on cars with abs

The fog lights are a two pin plug like this

Screenshot_20231001_225130.jpg

Most cars have similar wiring with optional extras missing except for the active which is very cut down

Last edited:
While explaining the fog light diagram in the fiat manual. It was mentioned that it triggered the t14 relay.

Could it be that my car never had rear fog lights?

When I opened the fuse panel, I noticed that there was no t14 relay. Also, there was no power line there.
Do you have a t14 relay in your vehicles?

Attachments

• IMG_20231005_203328.jpg
    IMG_20231005_203328.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 19
Are we talking about front or rear foglights

We are jumping all over the place

relay T14 is for the front

Title and first post is rear

If foglights were never installed at the front it quite possible the wiring will be missing

I'm talking about rear fog lights.
I am trying to speed up the parts procurement process by looking at different problems of the vehicle at the same time. I can get confused sometimes, sorry :)

EU regulations mean the rear fog lamp will only operate when the headlamps are on.
If you have the switch on the fascia, the car should have a working rear fog lamp. In the UK, only the right lamp has a foglamp, as the left has a reversing lamp. Should be reversed for LHD.

Engine running.
Headlamps on.
Rear fog lamp on.
Now check the feed to the lamp at the left rear.
Can we assume you've checked the bulb.
Warning light should come on, as should lamp.

The back light should be on this panel

Nothing else happens here when this button is pressed

It only lights with the headlights on,

Definitely. I have this button. However, when I press this button, the rear fog indicator LED you shared on the instrument panel does not work.

I removed the tail lights. Yes, inside there is a reversing light on one side and a rear fog light on the other.

I checked the lamp and the installation. There is no + energy signal to the installation.

As I mentioned before, it is quite normal that the above instrument panel light does not come on because it is not active.

No led on dash

Plug some diagnostic software and connect to the body computer

Hopefully there will be some error messages stored

Active the fog from software will eliminate the switch unit and the wiring to the body computer

Only test with the correct bulb fitted to start with, you can try and find a suitable LED replacement later, once you know its working. If you want to

The body computer checks

Under/over loads
Shorts to ground or battery

I would pull the switch out of the front and then test the wires to see if there is power. 1 wire will be the power to the dash lamp, 1 will be power to the RFL but it may go through a relay. You will have 1 wire that will go live when you press the switch. If no wires are live look at fuses and then relays. I dont know which one it would be. If when you press the switch you cannot hear a relay clicking either iyou have a relay fault or it does not use a relay or the relay is missing. If another relay has failed in the past perhaps someone pinched the RFL relay and swapped it over and throw away the faulty one and not replaced it -.... the relay is missing. If you think its missing pinch another one from a different slot and try it see if this fixes it.

If the wiring is faulty its just as easy to put a new stand alone relay in place as to trace dodgy wiring.

I would pull the switch out of the front and then test the wires to see if there is power. 1 wire will be the power to the dash lamp, 1 will be power to the RFL but it may go through a relay. You will have 1 wire that will go live when you press the switch. If no wires are live look at fuses and then relays. I dont know which one it would be. If when you press the switch you cannot hear a relay clicking either iyou have a relay fault or it does not use a relay or the relay is missing. If another relay has failed in the past perhaps someone pinched the RFL relay and swapped it over and throw away the faulty one and not replaced it -.... the relay is missing. If you think its missing pinch another one from a different slot and try it see if this fixes it.

If the wiring is faulty its just as easy to put a new stand alone relay in place as to trace dodgy wiring.
Oh problem solved so thank you

Back