General Fiat Panda Diesel broken wheel cover

Currently reading:
General Fiat Panda Diesel broken wheel cover

daz1985

hi i noticed yesterday that the nearside front wheel cover has almost completely snapped off. not sure if this was me or someone trying to steal it. regardless i need a new one but can anyone advise on where i would get the same one from. ebay have lots but not the same style.

Also are they easy to fit?

Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Attachments

• 2013-12-25 15.55.26.jpg
    2013-12-25 15.55.26.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 107
  • 2013-12-25 15.55.36.jpg
    2013-12-25 15.55.36.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 36
Great thanks I prob look like a lazy ******* but I genuinely didn't see that on eBay. And to confirm when fitting do I have to jack the car up? Thanks

Great thanks I prob look like a lazy ******* but I genuinely didn't see that on eBay. And to confirm when fitting do I have to jack the car up? Thanks

Yes, otherwise your wheel will probably fall off and the car come crashing t the ground.

Only about £20 new from Fiat when I ordered one. Defo looks like yours have been attacked by vandals! (n)

IIRC there's one hole the nut fits through. Put one nut through the wheel. Place the cover with the larger hole over the nut and then put the other three nuts (sounds crazy:rolleyes:) through the other holes and tighten all four. Lower the wheel on the ground and tighten again so your wheel won't fall off while driving.
Isn't that in the manual?

gr J

You do not need to remove the bolt nearest the tyre valve. It is possible to remove the other 3 bolts and then remove and replace the wheel cover with out jacking the car up. The central hole of the wheel takes the vertical load more than the bolts do.
The wheel bolts should be tightened to the correct torque with a torque wrench, and if you are not a competent DIYer I'd get a garage or DIYer friend to torque it up properly. Over tightening is almost at bad as under tightening.

Back