Technical Fiat ducato 2.2 diesal 3009

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat ducato 2.2 diesal 3009

Gazzac

I have a symbol on the dashboard of a car/padlock does anyone know what this could be fault wise

I have a symbol on the dashboard of a car/padlock does anyone know what this could be fault wise

Hi :)

Potentially its related to the Immobiliser system

It reads a small chip in the key..

To stop the vehicle being stolen ( started with a screwdriver..etc)

Is it still starting and driving?

Try your 2nd key.. just to see if it makes a difference :)

Potentially its related to the Immobiliser system

It reads a small chip in the key..

To stop the vehicle being stolen ( started with a screwdriver..etc)

Try your 2nd key.. just to see if it makes a difference :)
Thanks for the response we only have the one key . I’ll look into getting another key and see if that works thanks

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

+++++++++++++++++++ I’ll look into getting another key and see if that works thanks
Gazzac,
I assume from the above that your vehicle is not starting?

Be prepared for your wallet to be to be stretched.

Do you have a credit card size code card for the vehicle? If yes then the emergency starting procedure can be used on a diesel engine.

The details on the code card can be used to order a replacement key from Fiat. Alternatively a good auto locksmith should be able to provide a cloned key, but if the existing key is not being recognised, will this work?

If you use the forum search facility, you should find several relevant threads. There are several fixes, but some remove the security given by the chipped key.

Back