Technical Fiat Ducato 2.2 2007 wont Start

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Ducato 2.2 2007 wont Start

toffee

Hello

I have the above vehicle which wont start.

The problem stated when it just cut out a couple of minutes after setting off, it now refuses to start.

When you try to start it by turning the key the immobiliser light is not on but comes on a few seconds later, the engine management light is not on either. The engine turns over but will not start.

I have had an auto electriian look at it but they have given up.

When checking the fuses I see that fuses F17, F11 and F22 do not have any power even when the ignition is switched on,

Does anyone know if this is correct? If not correct does anyone have any idea of where to look next?

1693855255733.png

Hi toffee,
My experience is with an x244 2006 2.8jtd.
On that engine the fuses that you mention are all supplied via the main injection relay T9, which on my vehicle is the relay next to F17.
I strongly suspect that this arrangement will be the same on your vehicle.
T9 will not operate if you have a key code fault.
From your post, I suspect that you have a key code fault, and a problem with the self check feature of the warning lights, so that once the self check feature time has elapsed, the key code lamp is illuminated because the key has not been recognised.

As I have posted on another thread I too had key code issues, but started at the second attempt. Subsequent testing without engaging the starter motor, had 2 out of 5 failures. After cleaning the connections to the code receiver, I have yet to have another failure when testing, or actual starting.

On your x250, the key recognition is carried out by the BCM, so it may be worth cleaning the connector contacts where the aerial is connected to the BCM.

Here is a link to a similar problem, at post #10, rayc has provided details of the code system.

PS There is a lot of useful information in the x250 Training Manual, which is available in the downloads section.

Last edited:
Thanks for that. Will have a better read later when I am at the van.

Hi toffee,
My experience is with an x244 2006 2.8jtd.
On that engine the fuses that you mention are all supplied via the main injection relay T9, which on my vehicle is the relay next to F17.
I strongly suspect that this arrangement will be the same on your vehicle.
T9 will not operate if you have a key code fault.
From your post, I suspect that you have a key code fault, and a problem with the self check feature of the warning lights, so that once the self check feature time has elapsed, the key code lamp is illuminated because the key has not been recognised.

As I have posted on another thread I too had key code issues, but started at the second attempt. Subsequent testing without engaging the starter motor, had 2 out of 5 failures. After cleaning the connections to the code receiver, I have yet to have another failure when testing, or actual starting.

On your x250, the key recognition is carried out by the BCM, so it may be worth cleaning the connector contacts where the aerial is connected to the BCM.

Here is a link to a similar problem, at post #10, rayc has provided details of the code system.

PS There is a lot of useful information in the x250 Training Manual, which is available in the downloads section.
So is the BCM the fuse box to the lower right of the steering wheel?

The BCM is attached to the rear (vehicle front) of the fusebox. As previously stated more detail in Training Manual.

Back