Technical Fiat doblo 2008 petrol won’t start! Please help!

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat doblo 2008 petrol won’t start! Please help!

lucyiam

Fiat doblo 2008 petrol won’t start…

Hello,

I have a Fiat doblo 2008 petrol. It started to “splutter” one day. Only way I can describe it! Then I left it over night and went to start it and it wouldn’t start. Been like that ever since!

Obviously I took it to my garage to investigate and they checked it over. Even sent away the ECU but nothing untoward came back.

Anyway to cut a long story short. My boyfriends twin brother is a mechanic and he is here for a couple of days and is going to have a go at raising her from the dead!

Any tips?

Anyone had this kind of problem with a petrol doblo?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

:)

Got a call from the auto technician today!

The verdict is! Dum! Dum! Duuuum!…

Cam sensor fault code!

The cam shaft pickup needs to be checked/fixed by a mechanic.

I will get on with that and update!

Wish me luck!

Thank you everyone for your friendly and helpful advice!

:)

Just trying to fix her now. So as far as my limited knowledge goes the camshaft pickup and camshaft position sensor are the same thing. Just trying to locate it first. Does anyone know where it is.

Part fitted. She very nearly started! But not quite! I suspect it’s because we messed with the timing. My boyfriend doesn’t want to mess with it again so I have to wait for his brother to do it :(

Update: just messing about with the timing now. Haven’t got it going yet.

Is there anywhere/anyhow I could look up the correct timing belt markings for my vehicle?

It’s a Fiat doblo 1.4 petrol dynamic

Update: so it’s turns out after messing about with the timing the crankshaft pulley was also broken. Ordered a new one and fitted and now she is ALIVE and RUNNING! I am very very happy! :)

Hi Lucy,

Thank you ever so much for letting us know the outcome and so happy you have a fixed vehicle(-:

Could you please post a picture of the broken part? I'm intrigued and picture could help someone in the future.

Best wishes

Jack

Hi Lucy,

Thank you ever so much for letting us know the outcome and so happy you have a fixed vehicle(-:

Could you please post a picture of the broken part? I'm intrigued and picture could help someone in the future.

Best wishes

Jack
The old one has lost a knotch of metal in the centre and a little bubble on the other side. I have circled where they should be and then I have circled them on the picture of a new part too. Hopefully this will help a fellow doblo owner in the future! :)

Attachments

• IMG_4658.jpeg
    IMG_4658.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_4657.jpeg
    IMG_4657.jpeg
    963.3 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_4664.jpeg
    IMG_4664.jpeg
    315.3 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_4663.jpeg
    IMG_4663.jpeg
    225 KB · Views: 32
Put it in for a MOT and it failed on emissions :( they told me to give it a run about and put in some cleaner and bring it back. I used this stuff called stP ultra 5 in 1 petrol system cleaner. They think it’s because it’s been sitting but I asked my boyfriends brother and he has had a similar age Fiat fail on emissions before. Said it needs to go through a full emissions test.

Any advice?

Hi,
There are a few options there...

Given the history of it's non. Starting

1.Double check timing
2. Check for loose hoses.. Etc drawing air....., AIR FILTER CLEAN..?
3.Check the state of SparkPugs
4. Get it REALLY HOT... then drive it fairly hard

I'm not too familiar with the 1.4..

Maybe they get marginal figures anyway .. 🤷‍♀️

UPDATE! My lovely doblo has now passed its MOT! My boyfriend put a new catalytic converter on it in the end. Common problem I’ve heard.

As she has had this emissions problem however I just wanted to ask which petrol would be better for her?

E10 or E5?

She is a 2008 petrol Doblo 1.4

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

😃

Back