Technical Fiat doblo 2008 petrol won’t start! Please help!

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat doblo 2008 petrol won’t start! Please help!

lucyiam

Fiat doblo 2008 petrol won’t start…

Hello,

I have a Fiat doblo 2008 petrol. It started to “splutter” one day. Only way I can describe it! Then I left it over night and went to start it and it wouldn’t start. Been like that ever since!

Obviously I took it to my garage to investigate and they checked it over. Even sent away the ECU but nothing untoward came back.

Anyway to cut a long story short. My boyfriends twin brother is a mechanic and he is here for a couple of days and is going to have a go at raising her from the dead!

Any tips?

Anyone had this kind of problem with a petrol doblo?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

:)

Fiat doblo 2008 petrol won’t start…

Hello,

I have a Fiat doblo 2008 petrol. It started to “splutter” one day. Only way I can describe it! Then I left it over night and went to start it and it wouldn’t start. Been like that ever since!

Obviously I took it to my garage to investigate and they checked it over. Even sent away the ECU but nothing untoward came back.

Anyway to cut a long story short. My boyfriends twin brother is a mechanic and he is here for a couple of days and is going to have a go at raising her from the dead!

Any tips?

Anyone had this kind of problem with a petrol doblo?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

:)

Hi

Its a 1400cc...??

Not renowned for issues..

Basics are the usual immobiliser
Spark fuel

When was cambelt last changed?

Hopefully your visitor has brought scan tool to read live data.

Ask them to read rpm when cranking on starter........if rpm reads zero then suspect crank sensor and or it's wiring.

Does it have fuel in tank-do not just trust gauge

he is out getting some bits right now. I think he suspects something about the wiring to the fuel pump and I am investing a new key fob in case it’s the immobiliser. Already tried a new battery in key fob. Nothing.

Hopefully your visitor has brought scan tool to read live data.

Ask them to read rpm when cranking on starter........if rpm reads zero then suspect crank sensor and or it's wiring.

Does it have fuel in tank-do not just trust gauge
Just a gallon of fuel. Probably needs some more. He is going to get some now I think.

he is out getting some bits right now. I think he suspects something about the wiring to the fuel pump and I am investing a new key fob in case it’s the immobiliser. Already tried a new battery in key fob. Nothing.
The immobiliser is a yes..or no..answer

Does the lock symbol show for a few seconds..then go off ?

If it does..save your money ;)

A basic chipped key coded to the ECU - CARS BRAIN is @£80

The immobiliser is a yes..or no..answer

Does the lock symbol show for a few seconds..then go off ?

If it does..save your money ;)

A basic chipped key coded to the ECU - CARS BRAIN is @£80
I will check again tomorrow. Can remember now. A lot of lights come when I turn the ignition. Which I suppose is good in a way! Shows life! :)

Take a pic..or 2 of the dash

Then we can all see :)
So they found a new engine bay fuse board at the scrapyard. My boyfriend is on the job now. He is an electrician. They have told me to bake something. In other words “go away”.

I managed to try and the ignition and the lock symbol came up and went away and then there was some sort of fan noise I haven’t heard it make before.

Anyway my picture is a screen grab from a video. Not very good but here it is…

Attachments

• IMG_3974.png
    IMG_3974.png
    10.7 MB · Views: 38
They think it’s something to do with the fuel not getting delivered properly. They have some wires attached to it and one of them is spraying something. Whilst the other tries the ignition and it makes this massive gurgling noise and very very nearly goes!

Any thoughts?

So they found a new engine bay fuse board at the scrapyard. My boyfriend is on the job now. He is an electrician. They have told me to bake something. In other words “go away”.

I managed to try and the ignition and the lock symbol came up and went away and then there was some sort of fan noise I haven’t heard it make before.

Anyway my picture is a screen grab from a video. Not very good but here it is…

Picture does help :)

No obvious key -lock symbol for immobiliser

But the yellow one bottom right..below red oil can.. I dont recognise that!

Is yours an auto gearbox?

Back