Technical Fiat 500 Blue and me removal

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat 500 Blue and me removal

No, you do t need to worry about model number. There were only two versions as long as you get one around the same year as your car you’ll be fine. Never had a problem.

You can see how to do it in these videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwmbdRuTWOU&list=PL6uUBaTeiAJ9acLdVQ8rTV1cnpB2dUbUp&index=5&t=13s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iQsZxAZXio&list=PL6uUBaTeiAJ9acLdVQ8rTV1cnpB2dUbUp&index=8&t=7s

Yesterday I stripped out the rear panels etc with confidence thanks to your great vids - thanks. The B&M module is now disconnected and will drill it out today while also hopefully sourcing a replacement. Incidentally, a top tip for when removing the rear panel - to avoid hassle you mention with the seat belt anchor bolt I simply cut a notch in the plastic below the bolt with a Stanley blade so the panel just slides out - worked a treat.

That's actually a really good idea, never thought of that. I guess the panel doesn't really need to be anchored there. I'll try that next time. Top tip! Thanks

The anchor bolt is not actually securing the panel at that point anyway, I might just put a dab of silicone on it when replacing in case of any rattles.

As long as you disconnect the power lead on the back of the unit and do a proxy alignment your mileage will stop flashing.

But . . . If you’re going to do that why not spend £60 on a second hand unit on eBay and swap it. Then it’ll be working.

So! They took the Blue & Me unit out, did the proxy alignment.

Car turns over and starts after after being left 3 days (miracle) and the steering wheel buttons work, but the odometer is still flashing.

I had shown them the whole thread here about what to do and sent the video links. They said they did everything.

Any idea on how to dis the flashing odometer? Please ??

So! They took the Blue & Me unit out, did the proxy alignment.

Car turns over and starts after after being left 3 days (miracle) and the steering wheel buttons work, but the odometer is still flashing.

I had shown them the whole thread here about what to do and sent the video links. They said they did everything.

Any idea on how to dis the flashing odometer? Please [emoji1317]

Sometimes when you do a proxy alignment it doesn’t work and you have to do it again. I’ve done it three times in a row a couple of times.

hello all, I also had problems with my blue and me system (flashing odo) and parasitic drain, removed the ground cable of the battery, after that i removed the b&m module that was positioned under my dashboard on the passenger side, as mentioned before i changed the canbus settings to 6 buttons only and performed a proxy alignment, flashing odometer is solved!

Back