Technical Exposed wiring on anti collision sensor

Currently reading:
Technical Exposed wiring on anti collision sensor

RobHowdle

Hi all,

Found I’ve got a bit of exposed wiring I think is responsible for the sensor not working properly. Wanted to put some tape around it but I’ve found that the part that’s exposed is a bit too close to the actual connector. Does anybody have any suggestions on how I can repair this?

Thanks

Attachments

• 536605BE-7158-4828-99F1-1953ECAED9E9.jpeg
    536605BE-7158-4828-99F1-1953ECAED9E9.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 176
Hi all,

Found I’ve got a bit of exposed wiring I think is responsible for the sensor not working properly. Wanted to put some tape around it but I’ve found that the part that’s exposed is a bit too close to the actual connector. Does anybody have any suggestions on how I can repair this?

Thanks
It doesn’t look broken….use a bit of silicone to cover up bare wire?

I added some silicone around the nik on the wire, I'll be trying again this weekend, I didn't think that was the issue for the sensor, I think I do need a new sensor however the cheapest one of these sensors goes for is £400, since it's not essential to the car I wont be replacing that any time soon! I'll report back at the weekend to see if the silicone fixed the issue!

They do not have sheathing right up to the ends of all the wires. This is not a fault. You either have a faulty sensor, a poor / dirty connection or something else 'Italian' is going on. I think there is a reason for the bare ends i allowing movement in the wire rather than stressing connectors.

What fault is causing you to think you have a faulty sensor?

Back