Tuning Exhaust

Currently reading:
Tuning Exhaust

AndrewHarvey

Established member
I need to order an exhaust. I will have a 650 engine. When I view ones for sale there are 500L types and 126 / 500 R ones. What do I need and what are the differences?

Andrew it depends which thermostat housing you fit. You asked about the difference between a 126 and 500 housing in another thread, the 500 one had the heater outlet coming out the side and 126 the front.

The difference between the exhausts is the 500 one will clear the heater tube on the 500 housing but wouldn't on a 126 housing and vice versa for the 126.

Tony

Many thanks Tony - there are some cheap 60mm systems and need to get one ready for engine build. Exhaust manifolds will be flowed and matched to head and exhaust.
Got a bag full of tuning parts - no car mind..... Ready for my return.

So what happened Andrew? You set off in the direction of the UK and got 25km and it just stopped or did the engine blow up or something?

Are the people you bought from going to deliver it back to the UK on a flatbed, at their cost, as it is or fix it first?

I have informed the vendor of the situation and will carry out negotiations fry desk on Monday
The car had a death rattle shortly after we left..... Knew it was terminal , and it just got louder and LOUDER. When we ground to a halt engine oil everywhere, and just to make me smile the front passenger brake cylinder had let go leaking over the rim and tyre leaving me with no brakes - none- peddle to the floor.!!!!
I could be upset but rather enjoying Italy....

Back