Technical Stainless exhaust. Any recommendations?

Currently reading:
Technical Stainless exhaust. Any recommendations?

dapedza

Putting this engine and gearbox together. The last thing I want to do is fit the exhaust which is covered in surface corrosion, or buy a cheap one which will go the same way in a few months.
Any recommendations for stainless, which isn’t silly money? Thanks!

Have a look at these guys. https://www.longlife.co.uk/
They have franchised dealers around the country, who will build a system while you wait.
I had a system fitted for the 1.2 Panda, quite a few years ago now, still happy with it. They give a guarantee, for as long as you own the car - good for us long-term owners. At the time, it cost me just a little more than an OE mild steel replacement would have cost, so not too bad.
Hopefully there's someone near you.

Have a look at these guys. https://www.longlife.co.uk/
They have franchised dealers around the country, who will build a system while you wait.
I had a system fitted for the 1.2 Panda, quite a few years ago now, still happy with it. They give a guarantee, for as long as you own the car - good for us long-term owners. At the time, it cost me just a little more than an OE mild steel replacement would have cost, so not too bad.
Hopefully there's someone near you.
I have used a "Longlife" franchise---mine was in Suffolk (we lived at Felixstowe at the time). I was very pleased with the job that they carried out but, and there is a BIG but, the 500/126 engine is not one that any "Longlife" will have a jig for. I was able to leave my spare engine and cylinder head with them, and they built the exhaust using that as the jig. Remember also, the 500 and 126 exhausts are slightly different, so they must have an identical engine to build the exhaust around. Being that it will be a real "one-of", it will be quite a bit more expensive than a "off-the-shelf" 'non-stainless' exhaust will be. Also, discuss with them as to the size of the silencer that they are going to use---their standard sizes are NOT the same as those used normally on the exhausts for the 500/126 engines. If you don't discuss the silencer size, you may have to add the cost of 'custom' silencer mounts (or modification of the standard items) to the total cost. Having said all that, a stainless exhaust will last considerably longer than 'non-stainless' system will, so may IN THE LONG RUN, work out to be not a heck of a lot more expensive, AND, it will look good! I have great problems putting pictures onto the Forum (never yet succeeded), but if you would like to contact me direct, I will send you a picture of my system. [email protected]

Hi, As always it WILL depend on the depth of your pocket. To my mind the many websites that cater to the 500/126 engines will have something to tickle your fancy. My own S/S exhaust is a CSC Marmitte in three pieces that did come from Italy some time before Brexit!!!!! Do your research and I'm sure that you will come up with a style and cost to suit. Any questions pm me.
Ian.
IMG_20180113_191555.jpg

As Mr. Knuckles mentioned there are plenty of web vendors who supply sports exhausts for the classic 500. There are two types of fitment. Exhausts for the 499cc engine and exhausts that fit the 594/652cc engines. So make sure you buy the right one for your engine size. Stainless ones will of course, cost a lot more.

Then, biggest question is single pipe or dual pipes. Unless you have a very highly tuned engine the sports exhaust won't make a huge difference to power output / acceleration but will add some noise. Always hard to get web clips of exhausts to listen to. But there will be some around.

I have an Ansa twin pipe in stainless. Link here to insta for video sound.

For UK, some vendors to assist you:

Euro vendors:

My favorite tuning company, could spend a fortune here they have a great selection:

Let us know how you get on!

Cheers
Rob

Attachments

• IMG_9087.jpg
    IMG_9087.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 37
As Mr. Knuckles mentioned there are plenty of web vendors who supply sports exhausts for the classic 500. There are two types of fitment. Exhausts for the 499cc engine and exhausts that fit the 594/652cc engines. So make sure you buy the right one for your engine size. Stainless ones will of course, cost a lot more.

Then, biggest question is single pipe or dual pipes. Unless you have a very highly tuned engine the sports exhaust won't make a huge difference to power output / acceleration but will add some noise. Always hard to get web clips of exhausts to listen to. But there will be some around.

Euro vendors:

My favorite tuning company, could spend a fortune here they have a great selection:

Cheers
Rob

I have dug through my "Little Red Book"---I used:---"Demand Engineering" who are at Stonham Aspel---your side of Ipswich. 01473-890820; www.longlife.co.uk OR [email protected]. Very friendly and helpful little company.

Euro vendors:

Cheers
Rob

That sounds magnificent!
Found a good selection of exhausts at D’Angelo, so will get one ordered!

Hi, As always it WILL depend on the depth of your pocket. To my mind the many websites that cater to the 500/126 engines will have something to tickle your fancy. My own S/S exhaust is a CSC Marmitte in three pieces that did come from Italy some time before Brexit!!!!! Do your research and I'm sure that you will come up with a style and cost to suit. Any questions pm me.
Ian.View attachment 422267
Looks great. What’s the sound and performance like? Cheers

Looks great. What’s the sound and performance like? Cheers
It looks fantastic. I’m ready to put the engine and gearbox back in. Still struggling to get a colour match as I want to get the engine bay sprayed before I reinstall. Some clown partially sprayed the area with Matt black!🤦

My CSC is louder than Valentinas with a deeper throaty roar, very noisy when pressing on. You must remember that the system is just about 'straight through' and has been fitted with care to a highly modified head with the engine running at a C/R of 10.5:1 I am aware that the exhaust does extract a few more bhp but how much is unknown.
Ian.

Back