Technical Exhaust downpipe heatshield

Currently reading:
Technical Exhaust downpipe heatshield

superspotter

It's got to be yellow!!
Hi All;
Does anybody have for sale a new downpipe heatshield or know from where one can be purchased other than Fiat?? I keep a look on ebay especially the German ebay but they seldom appear.
One tip if you are after B parts is to use the German ebay because they always have masses of B parts on there compared to the UK site. I just use an online translator if I am struggling, you will get the idea though sometimes the translations are rather comical:) I have bought several items off there including some chrome roll hoops with the Barchetta logo imprinted into the steel, just check that they ship outside Deutchland and you're laughing!

I have seen someone had a few better quality manifold heat shields made a while back. I got mine from Fiat last year and I have to say the quality is shocking :-(

I am now after a rear exhaust heat shield and have placed an order for one at my local Fiat. !!!!£40 !!!!! Stuff knows when it will be in.

There are always several of the rear heat shields available on the German ebay site, never the front one though:mad:

Front one from the dealer is £26.53 just for your info...

Attachments

• b exhaust.JPG
    b exhaust.JPG
    131.7 KB · Views: 67
I am now after a rear exhaust heat shield and have placed an order for one at my local Fiat. !!!!£40 !!!!! Stuff knows when it will be in.

I have replaced the manifold one last year. The one I am after is the rear exhaust back box section. Its between the rear wheels.

Number 3 in the image above.

Thanks for keeping an eye out for me anyway (y)

Hi Folks.......just finished tidying up a few bits under the bonnet and decided to replace the rusty manifold heatshield bolts with some shiny new ones. If only life was that easy!! One of the top ones and the bottom one both sheared off leaving me virtually no thread (and its not as if I am am ham fisted). The heat shield is now at the end of the garden! Talk about one step forward and two back. Anyway any ideas and is anyone running without one. I did wonder wether to just wrap the manifold. Incidentaly I will post some more info on my search for an induction kits in the next couple of days as I have found some more information this week. for now I am still using the standard system

I used copper tape on my manifold to help keep the gas temp up as well as keep the engine bay cooler. It is a bit of a pain to fit but does really work.
You will have to fit a second hand manifold that has the studs undamaged if you want to fit a new heat shield.

I found a second hand one for sale on ebay:

Click for link

AF-183A-000-0009.jpg

Hope this helps
Doc orange Peel

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Thanks for that Doc.....I have used exhaust wrap to good effect before in a Cobra replica. I suppose I could remove the manifold and weld on new bolts but I was not planning such major work and knowing my luck I will snap a stud there too! Do you think I could get away with not fitting it? I take it you have yours fitted as well as the wrap. By the way I have noted your comments in another thread regarding your site and the general lack of interest. I must say I am as surprised as you are. I am a relatively new owner having had to sell my beloved TVR Chimeara to raise some money but Icould not resist having something that was a bit of fun but also stood out from the crowd. So far I love it notwithstanding todays little episode!! I would love to get more involved time permitting. Anyhow any feedback on my current dilema greatfully received

Cheers

There is virtually no weight on the heatshield so i wonder if a stud could be grafted with liquid metal or simmilar substance and the heat of the manifold would make it set like nothing else. Although I'm a bit of a perfectionist really when it comes to things like this & would replace the manifold.

If you are worried about the studs spray WD40 or plusgas on for a good 24hrs on the manifold nuts before taking them off. BMW straight 6's have a problem with manifold studs and it's near impossible to remove a nut without the stud breaking but with the above method I've never broken one yet.

Thanks Alan.......I think I have come up with a good solution at least for the time being. I have removed the broken stud completely with a mini hack saw and can replace it with an exhaust clamp bolted around the manifold. If I drill a hole in the semi cicular part of the clamp and put a stainless bolt through it with a nut to hold it in place this will give me a stud in the same place as before which can even be removed from the manifold if I ever need to. I can use extra nuts if I need too to get the spacing right I can also do this on the bottom one although I will need a bigger diameter clamp. Hope this all makes sense!! I will let you know how I get on and if it goes ok I will post some pictures of the job in case anyone else has the same problem. I am a bit like you in so much as I hate bodges but if all goes well with this it should be a good job. Fingers crossed!!!
Cheers for the help

Hi Folks.......just finished tidying up a few bits under the bonnet and decided to replace the rusty manifold heatshield bolts with some shiny new ones. If only life was that easy!! One of the top ones and the bottom one both sheared off leaving me virtually no thread (and its not as if I am am ham fisted). The heat shield is now at the end of the garden! Talk about one step forward and two back. Anyway any ideas and is anyone running without one. I did wonder wether to just wrap the manifold. Incidentaly I will post some more info on my search for an induction kits in the next couple of days as I have found some more information this week. for now I am still using the standard system

i know just how it feels as did the same to the bolts that hold the anti roll bar and had to replace the wishbone to get over it , i used wd40 which i put on over nite still i snapped three bolt i makes me very very jumpy when i undo any bolt now, someone told me to do them up before undo them hope you get over your trouble:slayer:

Hi Folks.......I came across the following link which lists the manifold heatshield in its catalogue section under spare parts. As this is a German link I cannot work out if it is a genuine part or not and also am unaware of a shipping price which I will try to find out. Has anyone used this company and are able to give feedback on them and is this a reasonable price for this part? I f so does anyone else require this item and would it be viable to get more than one shipped and then pass them on from over here? Just a thought. Hope this is of use.
Cheers Steve
[URL="http://barchetta-shop.com

Last edited:
Back