Technical Exhaust manifold ID help (barchetta)?

Currently reading:
Technical Exhaust manifold ID help (barchetta)?

I need a new heat shield for the b -95, but when getting ready to order one from Henk, the exhaust manifold looks off (non-stock). There are only two attachment points instead of three on the M1 engine.

These two attachment points are on first and fourth cylinder exhaust pipes, see pictures. At first I was thinking I'd just drill another hole on a M1 shield but without the third attachment point the new M1 shield might start to vibrate. Before going any further, anyone have any good ideas? It's probably a long shot, but does anyone have any idea where this manifold might come from and if it might have a heat shield of its own??

thumbnail_IMG_1267.jpgthumbnail_IMG_1268.jpg

Thanks a bunch,
T

Last edited:
Checked my 1999 car and it has a stock manifold with the three bolts as shown in ePer so I'd agree with you that yours looks like a custom part.
I'd also be worried about the vibration.
I've no idea if it would work but could you put some heatproof sound deadening material on the side of heatshield that rests on the manifold to reduce the noise of any vibration? I don't know what heat those materials would tolerate though or whether only having two securing points would increase the chance of metal fatigue.

Reactions: tjr
Checked my 1999 car and it has a stock manifold with the three bolts as shown in ePer so I'd agree with you that yours looks like a custom part.
I'd also be worried about the vibration.
I've no idea if it would work but could you put some heatproof sound deadening material on the side of heatshield that rests on the manifold to reduce the noise of any vibration? I don't know what heat those materials would tolerate though or whether only having two securing points would increase the chance of metal fatigue.
Thanks for the feedback Chris. It was a bit of a disappointment, but the car isn't new, so surprises can be expected. I'll just pretend it's an improvement ;) , and not something that might disturb the ECU/lambda/exhaust flow. Henk (barchettaparts.com) believes it might come from a Lancia or a Alfa Romeo. Not really knowing what end to start with I ended up ordering a M1-heat shield and will drill the extra hole(s). I'll listen for noise and regularly look for signs of fatigue etc, and take it from there...

Back