Technical Error code P0236 & 0238

Currently reading:
Technical Error code P0236 & 0238

Hi everyone, I'm in need of some advice. The EML has come on on my dashboard and van in limp mode. The breakdown mechanic said it was codes 0236 & 0238. Both codes relate to turbo boost sensor, can anybody tell me where the sensor is located on a ducato 130 bhp multijet2 engine. The van is 2018 but the engine was replaced with a new turbo 17 months ago. Looking for ideas what to check as garage can't look at it until 22 August. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_7154D7920B51-1.jpeg
    IMG_7154D7920B51-1.jpeg
    966 KB · Views: 351
I am not familiar with the 2.3 multijet, but if you read "absolute pressure sensor" for "boost pressure sensor", then I would start looking on the inlet manifold.

I am attaching details of the Bosch sensor, but do confirm part number.

Attachments

• Bosch Absolute Pressure Sensor.pdf
    265.7 KB · Views: 148
Two questions
is it a conformatic?
If you get to the MAP sensor photograph the part number and check with Bosch if its the correct one. It is known that some were fitted with a part not intended for Ducatos.
be aware of
this might not be relevent yet

This component is regarded as a consumable. The small rubber diaphram can split (like old CV carbs)

Two questions
is it a conformatic?
If you get to the MAP sensor photograph the part number and check with Bosch if its the correct one. It is known that some were fitted with a part not intended for Ducatos.
be aware of
this might not be relevent yet
No, it's not comformatic, its 6 speed manual. The egnine, turbo and injectors were all replaced December 2021 so hoping its not a major component.

Just been out testing the solenoid, visually checked the vacuum hoses, no problems. Used multi meter to check resistance, got a reading of @16ohms? Can anybody advise on what reading should be? thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_1792.JPG
    IMG_1792.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 55
Just been out testing the solenoid, visually checked the vacuum hoses, no problems. Used multi meter to check resistance, got a reading of @16ohms? Can anybody advise on what reading should be? thanks.

It's not as simple as reading the solenoid resistance, there are moving parts that need to ....move and air ways that need to be clear.

If in doubt substitute for a known good component- clear fault codes - test drive- check for codes etc

Not suggesting you buy from them , the site gives pierburg(who make part for fiat) part number and fiat numbers.

Google the number and choose vendor.....only get a good brand NOT cheap unnamed.

Back