Technical engine mounts

Currently reading:
Technical engine mounts

donttalkrun

seicento 1.1 y reg mk2
got a problem with my engine mounts both sides are knackered
gearbox side seems to be just an unbolt jobby.
the drivers side is a bit of a problem do i get an insert for the big chunk of metal or do i have to buy the compete thing. thanks

I changed the g/box side mount on my sei a couple of years ago and the rubber it split again, it seem the rubber block is poorly stuck to the bracket surround also i was unable to get to the bolts on the engine side mount to remove it,the bolt that goes up though the middle seems to turn but not undo or tighten up, i think there is a captive nut at the top the bolt goes into and the nut must be cross threaded, bad new, good luck getting them off.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Does any one know how to undo the bolt as mine just turns but will not undo or tighten up, i have slightly lifted the engine with a jack to take the weight off the mount but the bolt still just turns, i cannot seem to get to the top of the bolt that goes up through the rubber bush, the nut or thread the bolt screws into is hidden, thanks.

Back