Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Sei Sporting firewall engine insulation thingie.

Hey everyone.

I'm hoping someone can help me with this as I'm beginning to really feel shitty that I cant drive it like this.

My insulation wall behind the engine is absolutely tatty, will not hold up and as well as you can see from the picture literally can't attach the metal section to it anymore as it's covered in holes...

Does anyone have any suggestions as I'm losing the will 😅 and I love this car too much to give up.

Attachments

• received_2274833692712562.jpeg
    received_2274833692712562.jpeg
    131.5 KB · Views: 64
impossible to get new this part ,,,for years i just used a bin bag ,,,get some black silicone some wd40 some throw away paint brushes and coat the back on it with silcone sealant i swear by mapsei black silicone its the best stuff for the money you can get it in B&Q also or ebay etc around 8 quid from screwfix once you have squeezed a good amount to cover the back and under side " support the inside on something throw away ,oh and wear gloves ,,,ok take the wd40 and the brush and spray the silicone with wd40 it softens the silicone so that you can then smooth it with a brush ,,,,once it looks nice and smooth and uniform leave it to dry overnight and hey presto its now waterproof but its still flexible enough to fit back easily and no longer flops like a deflated balloon..iv4e looked on ebay for years for these in new condition and they just dont seem to exist there all fairly knackered only way you find a decent one is from a hot dry country or one of the places in POLAND but the cost of such parts are now sky high as with lots of seicento parts there getting scarce and now command a premium ,,this car a few years ago used to be cheap for parts ,,,not any more

impossible to get new this part ,,,for years i just used a bin bag ,,,get some black silicone some wd40 some throw away paint brushes and coat the back on it with silcone sealant i swear by mapsei black silicone its the best stuff for the money you can get it in B&Q also or ebay etc around 8 quid from screwfix once you have squeezed a good amount to cover the back and under side " support the inside on something throw away ,oh and wear gloves ,,,ok take the wd40 and the brush and spray the silicone with wd40 it softens the silicone so that you can then smooth it with a brush ,,,,once it looks nice and smooth and uniform leave it to dry overnight and hey presto its now waterproof but its still flexible enough to fit back easily and no longer flops like a deflated balloon..iv4e looked on ebay for years for these in new condition and they just dont seem to exist there all fairly knackered only way you find a decent one is from a hot dry country or one of the places in POLAND but the cost of such parts are now sky high as with lots of seicento parts there getting scarce and now command a premium ,,this car a few years ago used to be cheap for parts ,,,not any more
I think what he is looking for is RHD specific, so looking in Poland will probably be pointless. Bit like someone I know. He has been looking for a RHD offside Cinquecento Sporting headlamp for ages - absolutely no joy.

Back