Technical Engine Misfireing

Currently reading:
Technical Engine Misfireing

Sonic74205

I have been told my engine is misfireing, what does this actually mean? Does is decrease performance or efficientcy? How much do you think it would be to get fixed?

Well i noticed it ages ago but i just though it was the little engine chuggin along. when the car isnt moving and not in gear it seems like the front end is bouncing up an down a little bit. kinda feels like the cars trying to jolt itself forwards ever so slightly.
My friend who fitting my new speakers mentioned it a few weeks ago but we were arguing at the time so i took no notice then my bf mentioned it last week when he started driving it

If its bouncing, it could be an engine mount ;) and nothing electrical at all :)

If it is misfiring though, if you can get your hands dirty, take out the plugs, clean them, remove the HT leads and check them, also give the HT plugs and sockets a squirt of WD to dispurse any moisture, and make sure the leads are put back correctly. Then check in the dark with the engine running for any little sparks between the leads etc.

If your not to far from me, I can maybe take a little browse one night, and see if its all just plain normal like mine or not :)

Kristian

Back