Technical Engine Light & Stop/Start Light On 500 Lounge

Currently reading:
Technical Engine Light & Stop/Start Light On 500 Lounge

bestbass42

Hello everyone. I Recently bought a Fiat 500 1.2 Lounge from a motor trade auction, mileage around 75,000. Car was mint & drove superb, no problems at all. After a week the engine management light came on along with the yellow warning triangle & the stop/start symbol. Took to my local garage, he diagnosed Lambda sensor number 1 & said give it a run for a few days as the lights might of come on because it has been chugging in and out of auction. So he took the lights off, car was great for a week, even the stop/start worked (sometimes!) as it didnt work before.

Anyway, I sold the car to a girl who lives near me but after four days the lights came back on again. Again drove superb, no problems with power etc. So took the car back to the garage, they fitted new Lambda sensor 1 and car went back to new owner. Four days later and the same thing has happened again, engine management light, warning triangle light & stop/start light have all come on again. Can anyone help as to what might be the cause of the problem???
Thank you in advance...

Hello everyone. I Recently bought a Fiat 500 1.2 Lounge from a motor trade auction, mileage around 75,000. Car was mint & drove superb, no problems at all. After a week the engine management light came on along with the yellow warning triangle & the stop/start symbol. Took to my local garage, he diagnosed Lambda sensor number 1 & said give it a run for a few days as the lights might of come on because it has been chugging in and out of auction. So he took the lights off, car was great for a week, even the stop/start worked (sometimes!) as it didnt work before.

Anyway, I sold the car to a girl who lives near me but after four days the lights came back on again. Again drove superb, no problems with power etc. So took the car back to the garage, they fitted new Lambda sensor 1 and car went back to new owner. Four days later and the same thing has happened again, engine management light, warning triangle light & stop/start light have all come on again. Can anyone help as to what might be the cause of the problem???
Thank you in advance...

Have some one with Multiscan read all the codes and go from there, was the Lambda sensor fitted a "quality" one, not generic? Its possible these faults were the very reason the car was at auction?
Stop start isn't an issue a result of the warnings and low use I would assume.

You don't mention how old the car is? But more importantly how old the battery may be ( they usually have a date code on them) because for the s/s to work the battery has got to be in tip top condition and fully charged, so if it is slightly weak and you are only 'running around' in the car then the s/s may not ever kick in! ( Especally as the Fiat s/s isn't too clever!)

Paul m.

Back