Technical Engine issues

Currently reading:
Technical Engine issues

Tandy78

Again I’m asking for help, (sorry) we have a 2010 fiat Punto evo 1.4 67k mileage. The issue we have is a common one but everything we’ve tried has not resolved it. The stop start engine warning thing. The car drives good but pulls back after a beep and a warning and sometimes clunks and it feels like it will just stop. We’ve changed the battery for a stop start one, had multiple sensors replaced, full service and a new mot and a brand new clutch as it went last week. Over £1500 spent now on top of the £3250 buying price. It’s getting silly that we or anyone can solve this problem. I have no confidence driving the car anymore as I deem it unsafe for the kids to be in. Any help will be appreciated

Again I’m asking for help, (sorry) we have a 2010 fiat Punto evo 1.4 67k mileage. The issue we have is a common one but everything we’ve tried has not resolved it. The stop start engine warning thing. The car drives good but pulls back after a beep and a warning and sometimes clunks and it feels like it will just stop. We’ve changed the battery for a stop start one, had multiple sensors replaced, full service and a new mot and a brand new clutch as it went last week. Over £1500 spent now on top of the £3250 buying price. It’s getting silly that we or anyone can solve this problem. I have no confidence driving the car anymore as I deem it unsafe for the kids to be in. Any help will be appreciated

Hi again, 🙂

Ok the Beep and message

What is the message?

What are the error codes that the garages have been using to guide their parts replacement programme? 🤔

What kind of garage do you go to? Sensors very rarely even fail during the lifecycle of the car. :eek: On top of that if it was an engine issue, then changing sensors wouldn't do anything.

So what was done to the car before? Has it got new cambelt recently and it started misbehaving after that?

Has it ever had new spark plugs changed?

As above. Give us more details (be very technical). Who did what, when, why (at what mileage). Full service history.

1. Disable the stupid "start-stop" function (this should be possible using "MES"). It's useless and harmful to the car.
2. Switch the "mechanic" for more competent one. Hint: most are clueless, mediocre (part changers, "grease monkeys").

Real Diagnostics looks like this: https://www.youtube.com/c/AutomotiveTestSolutions/videos

Back