Technical engine fault codes

Currently reading:
Technical engine fault codes

Hi owned motorhome nearly 2 years 2009 2.3 engine all great, this june and of now engine light comes on codes are D701 D600 D602 and U1701.Wont clear dtc,s starts, runs perfect full power 33 mpg..no issues light gone off again after 5/6 starts..cleaned and doubled up on earth strap from gearbox to chassis..has a new throttle unit .fiited when i bought it .Never misses a beat any idears what it might be? thanks for any help..

HAs it got a comformatic gearbox?
Are you sure the codes begin with a D and not a P ?
If they begin with a P they are related to the gearbox or communication errors with the ecu. The u1701 was reported on this site as being related to the Abs unit so again could be a canbus error or ABS, likely former.
With a number of issues related to canbus the connections and integrety of wires is first check.

No manual gearbox and all startwith D..hard to chech wireing i know all seems good and dry ecu wire bundle fixed and firm given it a bit of wiggle i know it could be anything but it runs starts perfect

The x250 model is known to suffer from cable abrasion below the LH headlight. Perhaps worth eliminating. @Reg 65 has some information about this problem, including photos.
Yes - on my 2009 X2/50 you had to take out the LH headlight to see it - and even then its easily missed because one wouldn't expect the loom to chafe on a smooth round tube!
But it traps water, rubs off the paint, rust makes it like sandpaper wearing through the insulation
Photo shows the loom pulled aside to show where it chafes - normally the loom is covering it so its not visible
X250ECUloomunderNSheadlight(1).jpg.jpg
But

Back