Technical Engine cover?

Currently reading:
Technical Engine cover?

Does your Panda have a engine cover on the underside? My Panda doesn't.

Most cars have a black plastic cover, covering most of the engine from underneath.

Is the Panda born this way, or did someone pull it of mine and never reinstalled it?

Reason i'm asking, is that i just replaced the engine oil sump, because it was rusted through and leaked oil.

Is the Panda born this way, or did someone pull it of mine and never reinstalled it?
My 2010 1.2 Dynamic Eco (which I purchased new) did not have an engine undertray fitted.

You can buy an aftermarket one and the cost is reasonable; this is one such example.

This will also help prevent any minor weeps and seeps from contaminating the ground under the vehicle.

The sump is well known for corrosion failure; I'd suggest giving it some additional protection irrespective of whether an undertray is fitted. Even just wiping over it with an oily rag at oil change time is better than nothing.

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Mine is a 2009 1.2 Dynamic Eco - so probaly came without the undertray as well.

Very true, cost is not crazy - might order one next time i have to do work on the car.

Good point about protecting the sump. Since i live in Denmark, where its always wet and they use salt on roads, i will need to give the entire car a treament against rust soon anyways.

The 100hp is supposed to have one, but a lot of the time they're missing it seems

You can make one from laminate plastic/aluminium board. It’s used for sports club advertising signs. Your local club is likely to have some old signs you could take away.
A replacement sump costs £25. Rip the old one off clean the joint face and fit a new one. Ordinary polyurethane paint is stone chip resistant and ideal for protecting the new metal.

The 100HP has an under tray. It definitely reduces road noise. Mine was attached with zip ties and a prayer due to rusted and sheared-off retaining screws. Where the fragments could not be removed, I drilled and tapped new holes.
Aluminium/plastic laminate (Di Bond) can be formed with heat from a hot air gun. It can probably be folded if you can cleverly heat a narrow strip. but I've not gone that far with it. New material is pretty pricey, hence asking a sports club for any old sponsor signs.

Back