Technical Electronic Ignition

Currently reading:
Technical Electronic Ignition

mine's the only panda in the car park at work, regularly see 2 Unos!! see, common as muck:p
I was not meaning to imply that Unos were 2 a penny, only that a lot more unos were fitted with that dizzy.

I vote less Unos.

There has to be less Unos than Pandas, unless all the Unos are being stored underground by a secret collector.

Someone sent me details the other day that showed more Unos with MOTs than Pandas! :eek:

"Just out of interest I pulled the figures of 'classic' fiats form the dvla mot stats.

pandas 1322 (of which 14 are mk1's)
tipos 2893
unos 4463

y10's 65 no wonder the anti-roll bars are so hard to find"

As mentioned though, mk1 Unos are now very rare with very few coming up for sale nowadays - it would be the mk1 45 FIRE models that most commonly came with the electronic distributor. They were replaced by the mk2 models in 1989 so the 'newest' mk1 models are now 21 years old. Early mk2 carburettored FIRE models had the same ignition set-up, but were soon replaced by the i.e. single point injection system. These might still use the same electronic distributor so it's worth looking at these if you find one. Obviously the 903 ohv and 1372 ohc Uno engines are no good being entirely different to the FIRE's.

Still seems weird that so many more Pandas come up for sale compared with Unos considering there are less of them :confused:

mine's the only panda in the car park at work, regularly see 2 Unos!! see, common as muck:p
I was not meaning to imply that Unos were 2 a penny, only that a lot more unos were fitted with that dizzy.

Mine's the only Uno in my hospital work car park! At my University I did see one the day I started (Feb 2007), same colour and spec. as well! See pics below. Never saw it again and never saw another Uno parked there, including mk2's. Not only did my Uno become the only Uno in the entire University car park it was also the oldest car other than a classic VW Beetle!

You are right, there were more Unos fitted with the electronic dizzy than Pandas though you gotta find earlier models now. Good luck to anyone looking for one, and if they find it on a clean three door mk1 shell then be sure to let me know ;)

Attachments

• 05022007072.jpg
    05022007072.jpg
    391.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 05022007069.jpg
    05022007069.jpg
    374 KB · Views: 19
Can anyone with the electronic ign unit attached to the side of the distributor please let me know what No's are stamped on the distributor next to the module and the year of manufacture if it's original.

The No on the Sisley is SP101C, I tried to replace it with a newer unit with the numbers SP101A. Two things happened, firstly the distributor would not adjust to the 15 deg BTDC as the adjusting holes would not let it rotate far enough, Secondly when I replaced just the module to see what effect it had the engine died as soon as it started to get warm. I let the engine cool and again it started no problem but as soon as it got warm again the engine spluttered to a halt. I then put on the original module and it was no problem at all?

The reason for changing it is there is a very slight hesitation when driving at a constant speed between 20 to 40 mph, when accelerating or at motorway speed or when the engine is at idle there is no problem what so ever. It is as said hardly noticeable but as always I know it's there so want it as perfect as I can make it.

Anyway trying to find out what units were fitted to what year and what differences there are in the unit's?
check out panda 4x4 on honesrt john and dizzy speck changes on there ok

Back