Technical Fixing the fiat: help a clueless fanatic

Currently reading:
Technical Fixing the fiat: help a clueless fanatic

To catch you up if you haven’t seen my previous posts: my panda-project of two years is having some issues, but I’m lost as to what to do.
It won’t start and the fuel pump won’t activate, my going theory is that this is due to the immobiliser but as I’m not certain, so I want to map out the entire car and work out any other quirks before taking it to a professional shop (I know I’m cheap, can’t help it). After checking all fuses I noticed *one* doesn’t have continuity through it (don’t think that’s supposed to be that way but what do I know). Also I have been looking all over for a port to plug in this one rogue wire which I can’t seem to figure out.
My Haynes guide is from an older version so I’ve no idea which fuse or wire does what, and I can’t find any information anywhere else.
Any information about these things would be much appreciated and very helpful!
*(the one marked red in the image below)*

Attachments

• IMG_3800.jpeg
    IMG_3800.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_3801.jpeg
    IMG_3801.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3802.jpeg
    IMG_3802.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_3804.mov
    6.7 MB
i didnt know there was an imobiliser fitted to any classic pandas. from these pictures i assume you have marelli injection system (the better one) which have no experience of but if there is a blown fuse i would start by replacing that, it looks like a major fuse. i had a bosch injection system in my car which i replaced with a carburetor hopefully you can fix your problem without getting that extreme. you may find a wiring diagram for an uno using a similar injection system is helpful if you cant find one for the panda

the punto 55 will be the same i would have thought. however it looks like you have multi point injection where as the punto 55 is only single point injection.

do you get the CODE light come up on the dash at all? if you do that would indicate the CODE box not picking up the key.
do you get the injector light come up when you first turn on the ignition? if you do not that would indicate a power issue to the ECU.

the punto 55 will be the same i would have thought. however it looks like you have multi point injection where as the punto 55 is only single point injection.

do you get the CODE light come up on the dash at all? if you do that would indicate the CODE box not picking up the key.
do you get the injector light come up when you first turn on the ignition? if you do not that would indicate a power issue to the ECU.
The code light flashes on and off which seems weird to me, injector light does not come on either.

i didnt know there was an imobiliser fitted to any classic pandas. from these pictures i assume you have marelli injection system (the better one) which have no experience of but if there is a blown fuse i would start by replacing that, it looks like a major fuse. i had a bosch injection system in my car which i replaced with a carburetor hopefully you can fix your problem without getting that extreme. you may find a wiring diagram for an uno using a similar injection system is helpful if you cant find one for the panda
I didn’t expect an immobiliser either but here we are anyway, I’ll try the “uno-approach”. Thanks!

indeed that is strange. the code light for the code box is earth switched through the code box. if the code light has a constant 12v going to it it will flash as a security prevention. something that is disabled in most Fiats for some reason as the code light is wired into an ignition live.

have you checked for power at the ECU? can you tell us the numbers on the ECU or show a photo of it (i cant make it out in the video). i want to get a pinout for it.

the ECU and CODE box is only connected together by 1 wire something is telling me its pin 27 but i could be wrong. this is also going on the punto 75 ecu as its all i have had experience with. the wire is a light green colour that connects to the CODE box under the steering wheel somewhere.
it would be good to see if you still have continuity through this wire as if it is disconnected or broken the immobiliser will never lift.

have you tried changing the RFID pickup ring around the ignition barrel? or taking it off completely and holding it to the key while turning the key in the barrel?
it could be something as simple as the key not being picked up. also try other keys.

indeed that is strange. the code light for the code box is earth switched through the code box. if the code light has a constant 12v going to it it will flash as a security prevention. something that is disabled in most Fiats for some reason as the code light is wired into an ignition live.

have you checked for power at the ECU? can you tell us the numbers on the ECU or show a photo of it (i cant make it out in the video). i want to get a pinout for it.

the ECU and CODE box is only connected together by 1 wire something is telling me its pin 27 but i could be wrong. this is also going on the punto 75 ecu as its all i have had experience with. the wire is a light green colour that connects to the CODE box under the steering wheel somewhere.
it would be good to see if you still have continuity through this wire as if it is disconnected or broken the immobiliser will never lift.

have you tried changing the RFID pickup ring around the ignition barrel? or taking it off completely and holding it to the key while turning the key in the barrel?
it could be something as simple as the key not being picked up. also try other keys.
Power at the ECU ✅
Different pickup ring✅
Absolutely desperate✅

Attachments

• IMG_3762.jpeg
    IMG_3762.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3764.jpeg
    IMG_3764.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 21
Op has fixed immo problem on his other near identical thread

He didn't have the antenna ring plugged in to correct plug on wiring loom

I apologise the op states on his other thread that the "key checker" had the wrong plug inserted.

If I read correctly his imobiliser light now behaving correctly.

I apologise the op states on his other thread that the "key checker" had the wrong plug inserted.

If I read correctly his imobiliser light now behaving correctly
No apologies necessary mate!
Don’t know if “behaving correctly” is phrasing it right as it still won’t frigging start but it is consistently on now at least!

Back