General ECU Question from a Fiat Newbie

Currently reading:
General ECU Question from a Fiat Newbie

Jimbo1

Hi there,

I bought a 1998 Fiat Marea HLX 2.4 litre turbodiesel just over a week ago. I bought it for £545, accepting that I'd need to get some work done on it in the near future.

That near future came and punched me in the face this weekend, when the clutch failed. While that's been fixed (expensive: over £400), I'm currently trying to troubleshoot other potential problems before they happen.

The main question I have is, if I need to replace the battery (which I don't right now), what would I need to do to be able to do this? I've read the ECU could cause me some immobiliser-related problems if I just change the battery without any kind of ECU code.

Bascially, my car came with a red and blue key, but no manual. Does this mean I'm stuffed if I want to replace my battery, or does the red key mean I've got everything I'd need?

Cheers.

James

That near future came and punched me in the face this weekend, when the clutch failed. While that's been fixed (expensive: over £400), I'm currently trying to troubleshoot other potential problems before they happen.
PMSL :D

The main question I have is, if I need to replace the battery (which I don't right now), what would I need to do to be able to do this? I've read the ECU could cause me some immobiliser-related problems if I just change the battery without any kind of ECU code.

Bascially, my car came with a red and blue key, but no manual. Does this mean I'm stuffed if I want to replace my battery, or does the red key mean I've got everything I'd need?

Cheers.

James
as far as i'm aware you wont even need the red key, i never did on my old marea that sat about for 3 months while being worked one at times without the battery.

if you are simply whipping the battery out and the new one straight in you wont have any issues (y)

Back