General Earthing point in boot?

Currently reading:
General Earthing point in boot?

Where can i earth my amp in the boot? have tried all of the parcel shelf bolts (in between the plastic and the metal) and one of them worked for a bit but not anymore, anyone got any ideas where i can use? lol :p

DSC00308_paint2.jpg

theres one beside the bracket for the rear seatbelts. scrap away some of the paint to reveal bare metal and use a nut and bolt to secure a ring connector.

sig.jpg

Where Theres Muck Theres Grass

I used the centre mount for the rear bumper.... get 40Grit Alu Oxide paper on the paint around it...put the amp wire to that, cover it with the black plastic bit!

Done, and damn sexy too :D

Tom (AofB)

95 Cinq Sporting - Rattly GrpN Catback Exhaust, <font color="black">Buckets</font id="black"> and 3pt Harnesses, 10" Sub and 6x9's.
1242cc Engine to go in soon, boot delock soon, ETech Wing still in garage, so's the effing K+N!

when i bought my car it had an amp hooked up to where the rear seat on the drivers side bolts to the side of the car. its nice to put it there as it keeps it out the way aswell

sig1.jpg

For my Sei I used the middle bumper mount bolt, just above the middle of the waste air ducting.

Seems to be a pretty solid earth, although I've not run a current through it for any length of time - just wired my amp up to make sure that the cabling I laid at the weekend is sound.

Sei SX, 1108cc MPI, Calypso Orange(!)Mods so far: Colour coded (blue) gearstick gaiter; Abarth alloy tax disk holderProjects: ICE install (v. soon), exterior makeover (a little later)Wanted: 01-on Sporting Front Bumper, PM me!

Back