amsterdam 001.JPG

Punto (Mk2/2b) eamonnf's sporting

Introduction

This is my 2001 Sporting, pretty standartd other than wheels and induction kit.. future plans are just to get the rust on the roof done for some reason bubbles everywhere!
In the meantime I prob wont have any progress photos so heres a few of a recent Cannonball rum in aid of the Jack and Jill foundation which came through Galway City

Attachments

• cars 001.jpg
    cars 001.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 22
  • cars 002.jpg
    cars 002.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 24
  • cars 003.jpg
    cars 003.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
  • cars 004.jpg
    cars 004.jpg
    1,017 KB · Views: 26
  • cars 006.jpg
    cars 006.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 26
  • cars 012.jpg
    cars 012.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 27
  • cars 011.jpg
    cars 011.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
  • cars 010.jpg
    cars 010.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 20
  • cars 008.jpg
    cars 008.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 21
  • cars 007.jpg
    cars 007.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
Well no update on my rust repairs as it hasn't stopped p@/?ing down for weeks now and im not blessed with a garage. was diggin though old paper work though and found these of my old Fiats...

Attachments

• Student ID7.jpg
    Student ID7.jpg
    619 KB · Views: 47
Just took the cover of the car and I wasnt that surprised to find a load of mold on the seats and carpet, tried hoovering it off and wiping but it keeps coming back! Any products anyone would suggest for a good interior valet?? Cheers

I maybe brave but not stupid!!!! :)

She wants rid of it anyway and wants one of them new fangled reno electric thingys because they look cute :yuck:

Just been offered roof rear spoiler and sporting sideskirts in the same colout as min for €60 so it hink im gonna snap em up, but unsure of the sideskirts. any thoughts? not sure if i like the smoother look. def gonna fir the boot spoiler though.. ill put some pics up when I have them on.

the mould and spores need a real good valet followed by drying out properly
might be wise to take affected seats indoors to dry out thoroughly

this is why i dont like covers especially if theres anything damp in a car

i would doubt the holes are there for the clips underneath.

a bead of that CT1, and 2 screws into the arch at each end and they wont go anywhere.

Use 2 jacks, some rags, a few lenghts of wood and 2 concrete blocks.

Offer up the sideskirt to the car, use a jack to hold one end while you line up the other, or get somebody to help you. drill 2 holes and 2 screws should be fine on each end.
Draw a line on the car with pencil, when its in place so you know where it is when u take it away. then apply the bead about 1cm below the line, then offer up the skirt again.

Then set up the jacks and wood something like this,

P10100233.jpg

P10100223.jpg

Leave it overnight to let it set in place.

As for the wing, you can use the CT1, a bead on the top part of the boot and a bead on the glass, then use masking tape to hold it in place.

I found mine kept falling down while it was setting, so got some rubber washers and stuck them where the bolt would have gone thru the glass.

Just been offered roof rear spoiler and sporting sideskirts in the same colout as min for €60 so it hink im gonna snap em up, but unsure of the sideskirts. any thoughts? not sure if i like the smoother look. def gonna fir the boot spoiler though.. ill put some pics up when I have them on.

How about a whole car for not much more with all those bits? ;)

Mal im still scranmbling funds together but havent forgot about it! Its just these are in the right colour which is important as I am trhe worst sprayer ever!!!

Just picked a load of bits and pieces... Sporting rear spoiler, side skirts, and tinted rear passenger glass (which i don't know if ill use) and a new parcel shelf for the grand sum of €70 - think a bit of a bargain. The spoiler is very heavy but thanks to the advice i will bond on to the back. However the side skirts on the other hand seem very flimsy and are just thin fibreglass. Is this normal or are they some king of after market jobby, they do look standard????

I'd put some pics up but have lost the cable to my camera!!

Back