amsterdam 001.JPG

Punto (Mk2/2b) eamonnf's sporting

Introduction

This is my 2001 Sporting, pretty standartd other than wheels and induction kit.. future plans are just to get the rust on the roof done for some reason bubbles everywhere!
Thanks, bought it fairly cheap but spent a fortune on it new head gasket, coil pack, clutch etc... but running sweet now, most of the body is is mint exept for the roof which is covered in rust need to tackle it fairly lively. Stays clean as its not used daily.

Also if you look closely at the front bumber you'll see thewres damage this is where a mate towed in his golf GTI over enthusiasticly when my clutch disintergrated, it actually pulled the bracket which the tow hook screws into off the chassis!!

Thanks, i like that look myself, wouldnt mind picking up a rear spoiler for it but id need one the same colour as i'm handy enough with a spanner but s*** with a paint gun!

Believe it or not they were an optional extra, most people used to go for the rear spoiler but the side skirts people seem to shy away from for some reason...

Nice car, looks well kept! :) Keep the legal plates and bin the fancy ones, more bother than they're worth! (y)

Its a miricle it is clean and not my daily driver, my daily hack (a knackered old hyundai) has just been rear ended TWICE in 8 days not serious just exchanges of paint... im still a bit gutted as the back was the only panels that wernt dented!

Galvanised My Ar*@! Look at the roof, cant really affford to take into body shop at the moment, wanted to get it done myself this summer but it hasnt stopped raing here, car will be off the road for the winter so hopefully will get round to it soon. Anyone seen one as bad?

Attachments

• 100_0962.JPG
    100_0962.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 30
  • 100_0963.JPG
    100_0963.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 30
  • 100_0964.JPG
    100_0964.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 29
  • 100_0965.JPG
    100_0965.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 23
  • 100_0966.JPG
    100_0966.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Looks bad, looks like it could have been caused by badly fitted seal at the top.

That seal is tuck under the screen too, so ideally you'd want to remove it, treat the rust and paint, then get the screen refitted?

I notice that seal when my screen was being replaced, they put that seal on before fixing window to car, but maybe theres another way round this, im not sure.

Are you gonna do it yourself? Be best to cover the car if this winter is gonna be bad like last year.

Its pretty bad, and theres random patches of rust too yet the rest of the car is spotless! Gonna pick up a cover for it... I;m thinking of tackling it myself as id imagine a bodyshop will be too pricey?!

OK, all ready for the winter now, full coolant change oil change and full brake service done, gonna be off the road for a bit so brought back to my parents house where theres lots of room but unfortunately no garage space hence the cover to keep the leaves and crap off it...

Attachments

• cars.jpg
    cars.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 32
Last edited:
its not too bad but the liklyhood of me sorting it out before icy weatehr is slim, so stuck the cover on to stop any potential sunroof leaks, we live in a failry exposed area so I dont expect the cover to be there next windy night!

Back