E-Bay dodgy looking auction

Currently reading:
E-Bay dodgy looking auction

sumplug said:
they use reg no of cars on forecourts,numbers out of the autotrader adverts,even car parks.get to know the make,colour and reg,and its easy to ring.of course scrap cars are a known target.

They could use the reg numbers off cars that are posted on internet sites too.

ebay said:
[FONT=Arial, Verdana]Item: 2000 BMW 330 CI SPORT SILVER (4592307695)[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Verdana]This message was sent while the listing was active.[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Verdana]alfiemoongill is the seller.[/FONT]
s.gif

[FONT=Arial, Verdana]sorry i have put one on and so did my partner there is only one car for sale and she got it wrong its a 2001. the picture aint my car coz i didnt ave a camera so i take one off someone elses but my car look exactly the same but its a 2001 sorry for the confushen[/FONT]

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Like we said ;)

However, I am still not 100% and on top of that, how many people so dumb can afford such a car?!

The Negotiator said:
Like we said ;)

However, I am still not 100% and on top of that, how many people so dumb can afford such a car?!

LOL. you a student? have you been into the real world? I could give youa list as long as my arm of people who couldn't find their arse with two hands and a map, all of whom have high level 60k plus jobs.

No never ever been in the real world or worked in my life....hmm.

You never did reply to my thermodynamics post.

Seraph said:
LOL. you a student? have you been into the real world? I could give youa list as long as my arm of people who couldn't find their arse with two hands and a map, all of whom have high level 60k plus jobs.

I wish people would stop saying that about me :)

lets get real here.first,he says its 2001.then says thats not his car.then says his girl puts the ad in as well.why has he not updated the auction? why has he not said picture is of different car? why no picture of his car.ebay would have told him by e-mail that his car was on twice.its a con,and it sticks out a mile.he has no selling record.DODGY MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(n) (n)

sumplug, in my 4 years of ebaying and fairly extensive research into fraudelent auctions, I am willing to say with 80% certainty that it is genuine, stupid but genuine.

lets get real here.first,he says its 2001.then says thats not his car.then says his girl puts the ad in as well.why has he not updated the auction? why has he not said picture is of different car?

2001 agrees with auction listing, not picture.
Not his car somebody elses agrees with what he has said
His gf did put in ad in as well, hence two posts, maybe he had that picture stored ready for the auction, odd they both made the same stupid crap auctions, granted.
Ebay wouldn't tell you it's on twice.
Etc. etc.

Trust me, if he was a top scammer he would make it way more believable than that crappy auction

Sometimes real life and stupidity is worse than fiction.

sumplug said:
lets get real here.first,he says its 2001.then says thats not his car.then says his girl puts the ad in as well.why has he not updated the auction? why has he not said picture is of different car? why no picture of his car.ebay would have told him by e-mail that his car was on twice.its a con,and it sticks out a mile.he has no selling record.DODGY MOTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(n) (n)
I agree I don't buy it for a second. "oh it's not my car I just nicked someone else's picture" yeah right. If he put one in and for some inexplicable reason his wife put one in,
a. why are the fake pictures the same
b. why are many of the details including the price different
c. what about the third car
d. why are all 3 are still active
e. why is an £18g car listed without so much as a word of description other than the spec
f. why don't you reply to my subsequent email asking about the above.

Back