dvd burning

Currently reading:
dvd burning

jamie03

thought i would ask if any of you could help me out. a mate of mine asked me to downoad a film for him, so i have and its good quality even although its only 699mb, the question I was wanting to ask is how do I burn it so that it can be viewd on a normal household dvd player??? also do any of you know how i go about inserting a wee menu at the start, before the film plays??? (you kno the one i mean the one that asks you to preess play) anyway cheers again guys:slayer:

I presume this is an XviD movie then, if only 700Mb or so - is it an .avi file?

You need to get a copy of DVDSanta - nice and simple, and it will transfer it to a DVD-R ready for TV viewing. As for menus, not really into that.

I got Nero 7 as well :chin:

To be honest, I don't burn DVD-Rs any more [well, maybe to archive stuff] - usually watch them on the PC or stream them to the TV using that modded Xbox of mine :D

The beauty of it means I can archive 4 or 5 films onto one DVD-R ; just as a data disc.

I may even be tempted to get an XviD/DivX DVD player next, although in no great rush.

I will also wait before I get a 360 as well.....

If your looking at the basics, you'll need to use a DVD-9 disk for Nero, otherwise the reduction in quality that Nero asks for throws your Sound off usually, and yes i know most films sit at about 700mb, esp if they're .avi but a 4.7 disk doesnt usually take that after its converted as it splits sound/video from the avi file. If you want to do a proper job and if you do use nero, get a dvd-9 disk, or fiddle with nero and use a 4.7, as the reduction in quality isnt noticeable on a dvd-rip but it raises the chnace of something not working right. If you have a DivX (i think) compatible DVD player, i usually save space on the comp's hard drive and save 6 films onto a 4.7 DVD-R and then you can watch them on the DivX DVD player on the tele or put a certain film back on the comp to rip it as a proper dvd jobbie. Otherwise if the person ur givin it to has a comp, they will b able to view it threw wmp with an extension/update

Jordan

Given the fact it's a 700MB file to begin with means converting to VOB's won't loose any quality that would b noticeable IMO, christ if it's starting at 700MB from the internet it ain't that great.

If you wanna try using a DL DVD then you'll need a DL burner and the DL discs still aren't that cheap yet.

If it were me, I'd use Nero 7 to be sure although later version 6 will also sort you out with menus the lot and ti's really easy too.

Bad point is it can take around an hour due to encoding even on a recent PC.

Liam

If you still need an answer, Convertxtoddvd will do what you want. It does everything in the background and has some limited authoring features such as adding menus and whatnot. If you just want to download a file ad click a button which makes a DVD then it's a very useful program.

I presume this is an XviD movie then, if only 700Mb or so - is it an .avi file?

You need to get a copy of DVDSanta - nice and simple, and it will transfer it to a DVD-R ready for TV viewing. As for menus, not really into that.

dvdsanta looks a good program but i spent an hour converting a download then it tells me it will have a big annoying sign saying sample version :(

Limewire is crap - why not use proper BT sites?

If you want a good search program, get Torrent Harvester:

http://www.mininova.org/tor/464688

If you already have .NET framework installed, then just download the 916kB file only - it is great for finding anything on the BT scene, across many trackers, both public and private (y)

Limewire is crap - why not use proper BT sites?

If you want a good search program, get Torrent Harvester:

http://www.mininova.org/tor/464688

If you already have .NET framework installed, then just download the 916kB file only - it is great for finding anything on the BT scene, across many trackers, both public and private (y)

i searched mininova for the prog and it went at 3kb/sec for a couple of minuites. limewire downloaded it in a minuite and a bit.

anyway dvdsanta converted a dvd i downloaded then went to burn but failed, tried to burn the file with nero and it failed (n)

Back