Technical Ducato Immobiliser issue

wordingh

Hi,

I have a 2013 Ducato Multijet 130 based motorhome which is stuck with the immobiliser light permanently on. The engine will turn over but obviously will not start.

I have checked fuses, battery and tried to start it with the spare key but no luck so far. I have then checked the two wires to the immobiliser aerial surrounding the ignition lock, but they seem to be connected ok.
I was planning on tracing continuity from the aerial to the body computer connector A, but I cannot see any sign of the white/brown and white/grey cables in the Blue Delphi connector block, not sure why !?

I am not sure if maybe the ECU and the keys have fallen out of sync with their codes, but I don't know if this is likely or not.

I would appreciate any advice on anything else I can check,

Br

Paul

Penquin

We are currently facing similar problem, won’t start one day into holiday, had to be low loadered to garage in Bordeaux with yellow “engine locked” light on the dashboard (at 8 o’clock position). I have never seen this light before. The mechanic tried every trick for one hour at roadside, before saying beyond him.

Garage won’t look at it for at least 10 days to 2 weeks as many other MH in front of us. Only way of moving is using low gear and starter motor for short distance (thankfully battery topped up by solar panels).

I will post what they find out……. But suspect it will not be cheap…..

oppy

Hi Folks, we too have a similar problem; the engine will spin but not start and the orange 'code' lamp on the dash is on. its a 1997 2.5 cdi in a Lunar campervan and we're stuck. The breakdown chap was looking for an obi socket but couldn't find one-----help please
Ta Peter

Communicator

Hi Folks, we too have a similar problem; the engine will spin but not start and the orange 'code' lamp on the dash is on. its a 1997 2.5 cdi in a Lunar campervan and we're stuck. The breakdown chap was looking for an obi socket but couldn't find one-----help please
Ta Peter

Peter,

As your vehicle has mechanical fuel injection, it is possible to have the immobiliser removed from the pump. This will reduce vehicle security, and may also affect your insurance.

If you google "Fiat Ducato immobiliser" or similar it should return several threads on this and other forums.

oppy

Peter,

As your vehicle has mechanical fuel injection, it is possible to have the immobiliser removed from the pump. This will reduce vehicle security, and may also affect your insurance.

If you google "Fiat Ducato immobiliser" or similar it should return several threads on this and other forums.
Thank you for the info, as a 75 year old numpty logic seems to elude me. Are you able to post links that may help me?
Regards
Peter

Communicator

Last edited:

Communicator

Wordingh & Penquin,

Are you aware that there is an emergency starting procedure, which IS applicable to diesel vehicles. The procedure is fiddly, but is detailed in the vehicle handbook.

Perhaps the more difficult bit may be obtaining the 5 digit code applicable to your vehicle. It may be on a credit card sized card in the vehicle documentation. Such a card will also show the 4 digit physical key code.

For obvious reasons, the card should not be left in the vehicle.

In the UK this information is often withheld at the behest of the insurance industry, possibly their Thatcham centre.