General Ducato engine replacement

Currently reading:
General Ducato engine replacement

Wrongmove

Hello again
My 2001 ducato based swift lifestyle has a 2.8d. Engine but is not lez compliant.
Would anyone know what engines would be compatable with my engine 8041.63 non turbo
I was wondering if the 2.3 8041.47,would be and if so would i also need to change the gearbox/ecu etc
Thanks

Personally having owned both engine versions in Iveco Daily's in the past I would say it is not viable option mechanically and as @jackwhoo points out would still not comply with emission V5c and DVLA Regs. anyway unfortunately.

It is not possible to change the emission standard on the v5c so you would be wasting your time and money
Ok thanks.. i read that if i Changed the engine i would have to register it with the dvla and then take it to be emission tested..
And if it passed it would at least be lez compliant..
Maybe clutching at straws but just trying to find a solution if there is one.
Thanks for your advice

Ok thanks.. i read that if i Changed the engine i would have to register it with the dvla and then take it to be emission tested..
And if it passed it would at least be lez compliant..
Maybe clutching at straws but just trying to find a solution if there is one.
Thanks for your advice

Some guy with a "mitsubishi evo ". Import is in the news... Having got a 'cleaner' emissions certificate it still isn't being classed as ULEZ compliant

I too was under the impression it's all down to it's 1St registration..
Adding a 2nd fuel.. Like LPG won't make any difference either

Some guy with a "mitsubishi evo ". Import is in the news... Having got a 'cleaner' emissions certificate it still isn't being classed as ULEZ compliant

I too was under the impression it's all down to it's 1St registration..
Adding a 2nd fuel.. Like LPG won't make any difference either
All of which would indicate it is Revenue based rather than Environmental based law.:(

Ok thanks to you all any way... having bought it in September 2022, must say its the most expensive ornament I've ever purchased.
Used it twice...feeling chuffed

Ok thanks to you all any way... having bought it in September 2022, must say its the most expensive ornament I've ever purchased.
Used it twice...feeling chuffed

My advice would be..

Holdout to the Spring,

There Could be some developments in the ULEZ elegibilty..
And if not the Prices of its market value will be back to good levels

Back