Technical Drivers side window not working

Currently reading:
Technical Drivers side window not working

Jamiehhs23

My drivers side window has stopped working completely it used to work once and then it started to work time to time and now has completely died I can't hear a click when I press the switch. I have bought a new motor and a new switch but still no luck but my passanger and window mirrors will work off the some console I have also cleaned the ends of the door looms but no luck either I'm not sure if the problem is within the loom of the door perhaps a wire that I can't see until I take it out?

The looms tend to break in the rubber / plastic tube between the door and the body. Or just by this tube.

You can check the switch with a multimeter and try to power the motor directly from a 12V battery to check if they are OK. Compare with the passenger side to check the results.

Check in the proper owner's manual if there isn't a separate fuse.

My drivers side window has stopped working completely it used to work once and then it started to work time to time and now has completely died I can't hear a click when I press the switch. I have bought a new motor and a new switch but still no luck but my passanger and window mirrors will work off the some console I have also cleaned the ends of the door looms but no luck either I'm not sure if the problem is within the loom of the door perhaps a wire that I can't see until I take it out?

Hi, read this 🙂

Back