Currently reading:
General Fiat Punto Grande 2006 Need Help With Passenger Window

which colour is the best?

• blue

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • red

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hi Guys, Hope you are all well, I am having a problem with my fiat punto grande 2006, last december 2020 my passenger side window stopped working

So last week I decided its the right time to investigate it further

The switch on the passenger door is lighting up orange, so to me I think that's a good sign that there is power getting to the window

The switches on my drivers said are also lighting up orange.

when I start the car, my drivers side switch works for my drivers window, but the switch for the passenger side on the drivers side switch does not work, when I press the passenger side switch that does not work either.

I then undone all the bolts and screws needed to take off the passenger side door panel

I located the fuses in the bonnet for the passenger side window and the drivers side window - there are 2 yellow ones in the fuse box

I decided to investigate further with the fuses -
so I took the fuse out for my drivers window and the fuse out for my passenger window, I then put the passenger window fuse in the slot for my drivers side and tried the window switch for the drivers side and it worked - I then put the drivers side fuse in the passenger side slot and pressed the switched on both sides of the doors and the passenger window still would not go up or down - so my evaluation is that both of the fuses are working perfectly

so know matter how many times I press the switches for the passenger side window the passenger side window does not budge at all

so next up is the regulator and the motor - after taking the passenger side door panel off and taking the polystyrene off slowly - I can now see all of the regulator and the motor on the regulator -

in my head the next step I thought I would do is press the passenger switch a few times for about a minute - I then put my hand on the regulator motor and its warm so I guess that shows me there is power getting to the motor and I can also hear a clicking noise when I press the switch for the window to go up - but because my window is already up I think that noise is telling me that the window cant go up anymore - when I click for the window to go down nothing is happening is both the passenger switch and the drivers switch

my next step from this I thought I would look at the wiring loom -
I unhooked all the hooks from behind the door panel and unhooked all the joins from certain things in the door - I then fed all the wires behind the speaker slowly out through the rubber seal so I could take a look at all the wires carefully -

After looking at all the wires very carefully I could not see any splits in any of the wires

so from now on I am stuck on what to do next

I have gone through a check list of things

fuses
regulator
motor
switches

but do not know what to do next

-

if any body could help me with this it would be very appreciated thank you for reading

Have you checked the drivers door wiring?

My wiring was a mess :(

Attachments

• 20200912_140821.jpg
    20200912_140821.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 45
Hi varesecrazy - thank you for your reply,

I haven’t checked the drivers side door wiring yet, but I could add that to my next list of things to do

With the drivers side switch - the drivers side window switch works - but the passenger switch right next to it doesn’t even though it’s lit up orange which proves to me it’s power getting to it

I’m just baffled with the car at the moment - trying to figure out what to do to get the passenger side window working

So you fixed the driver doors wiring and that fixed the passenger door window?

I think I’ll have to investigate further with the drivers door and take the panel off and have a look at the wiring loom on that side

Thank you for the suggestion

So you fixed the driver doors wiring and that fixed the passenger door window?

I think I’ll have to investigate further with the drivers door and take the panel off and have a look at the wiring loom on that side

Thank you for the suggestion

The loom is at the hinge point of the door ;)

This is the BIG PLUG where the door plugs into the car bodyshell

Attachments

• 20200912_135159.jpg
    20200912_135159.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 50
Thanks for the picture, when I took my passenger side door apart - and I undone all the connections, I seen the big plug that connects to the body shell

When I have spare time over the next few days I’m gonna check the drivers side connections and I will update the forum

Back