Technical Front Window (both not working)

Currently reading:
Technical Front Window (both not working)

Always check fuse first, then switches (power to, power out) then module, then wiring
Assuming you’ve done that, it’s rare the motors would both go at same time, but not impossible
Brothers Mito had same, it was the switches and not uncommon, new switches fitted and found it was blowing fuses on passenger side but only on way up…wire was shorting but only wehn door was closed, so fault didn’t appear wehn checking initially

Last edited:
Always check fuse first, then switches (power to, power out) then module, then wiring
Assuming you’ve done that, it’s rare the motors would both go at same time, but not impossible
Brothers Mito had same, it was the switches and not uncommon, new switches fitted and found it was blowing fuses on passenger side but only on way up…wire was shorting but only wehn door was closed, so fault didn’t appear wehn checking initially
Do you know what module it's called? I'll re check everything again latrer on. Thanks

Never worked on the grande…so not sure, my post was a ‘general’ to lecky’ windows
My brothers mito window was just the switch assembly…motors are part of the regulator, and there was certainly a ‘batch’ of them that failed, motor shorts and regulators jamming/grinding

When my GP did this.. broken wires

The drivers door had to be CLOSED for the LH switch to work the LH window

RH switch wouldnt drive the LH at all but worked RH in all scenarios

Moral of this story.. its obviously a circuit

One doors ( RH ?) Faults will stop both doors movement

@ycming
Did you undo the plug at the door hinge??

I found that gave better cable access for investigation.. but also was awkward to teassemble correctly

Easy for the gear to 'mis.time'... so no electrical contact

An Aussie had that last year :)

Have you tried the leccy mirrors..?
If that switch is also Dead.. you might have a more basic issue :)

Wiring faults are oddities in themselves, often in the most obvious places, where they bend in and out of doors, halches, movement of engine and box relative to body, and body/suspension movement.
But some are a law unto themselves. Land Rovers for instance, where design, build quality and materials used belying their price tag

Back