General drivers side airbag removal

Currently reading:
General drivers side airbag removal

gstar1

hi does any body no how to remove the drivers side airbag its doing my head in now. carn't see any thing or feel if there is any bolts or hex in there any help would be much appreciated

disconnect the battery leave to discharge all power in them for about half an hour had no problem whacking them about after that before, why you need to remove it? gunna have a big ol warning light on your dash if you do

Last edited:
disconnect the battery leave to discharge all power in them for about half an hour had no problem whacking them about after that before, why you need to remove it? gunna have a big ol warning light on your dash if you do

yes i no that little bit but what i need to no is the airbag held in place with tork bit (what size) is it a nut (what size) or is it by a clip or something totally different. plus you cant see a thing

Ok ill ask the obvious question then. WHY? and WHY is it "doing your head in" cant say mines been too much trouble where it is. lol

if you read the post RE (drivers side airbag removal)

it is doing my head in because i can not remove it i can not see what is holding it in place if i new what was holding it in place it would help me a lot so if any body no what is holding it in place let me no

still not really said why? "its doing your head in" is pretty lame reason to be taking an airbag out? still cant grasp what the necesity is to get rid?

still not really said why? "its doing your head in" is pretty lame reason to be taking an airbag out? still cant grasp what the necesity is to get rid?

both air bags has been deployed my mechanic is trying to save me some money on labour cost by me removing the dash and airbags if i break it so what there is a new one going in as for me telling you the reason is neither here nor there what help would that give other people looking through posts for information on how to remove the airbag. this was a genuine post so if you don't know how to remove the airbag don't waste the post for future reference with pointless post like (still not really said why? "its doing your head in" is pretty lame reason to be taking an airbag out? still cant grasp what the necessity is to get rid)

Just looked at my manual. Remove the glovebox and there are 2 electrical connections 1 each end, 2 retainers which look like they are at the back and a single bolt at the bottom center facing you :) HANDLE WITH CARE, STORE WITH BAG FACING UPWARDS AND AFTER REFITTING SYSTEM WILL NEED CHECKING WITH EXAMINER FOR ANY ERRORS.

sounds promising what page is that on. thanks for the help

There are 2 special tools that have to be inserted into the holes in the side of the steering wheel to release the airbag from the wheel. They look like a rod with a ball on the end.

There are 2 special tools that have to be inserted into the holes in the side of the steering wheel to release the airbag from the wheel. They look like a rod with a ball on the end.

thanks marty will check that out today cheers

yep thats how its done you need to pierce two holes on the side off the steering wheel with star headed screw driver then push the screw driver in and up the air bag just pops out or you can get the proper tool from fiat but screw driver does the job cherers marty

If the airbags were deployed the airbag ECU would need replaced & therefore configured by dealer.

you can get the module reprogrammed but i bought a full kit seat belts air bag module ,dash board, passenger air bag and drivers airbag

Back