General Drivers door not closing

Currently reading:
General Drivers door not closing

mexnick

seems to be the week for bits to start dropping off/not working on my stilo!

latest thing is the door mechanism on the drivers side doesn't seem to be operating, hence the door will not stay closed? have it currently parked up with a rachet strap keeping it shut, luckily i live in a fairly crime free area!

the catch mechanism moves but won't engage when the door is closed. i expect i'll need to take the door card off to investigate so was hoping there'd be some worthy advice here as to how etc?

Working fine for myself, opened in a new tab and all other links on the tab worked fine..otherwise go into the stilo guides section and you will find the same info about half way down page 1.

Have used this excellent link but unfortunately I couldn't find a way of getting door latch system out. The end of the link says you need to take the door handle off, just couldn't work out how to do that.
Any advice on how to get the latch out please?

Will that be enough to get the latch mechanism out?

IRC yes they are 3 ribe socket head type bolts, them remove operating cable from latch unit careful not to loose small plastic cable retaining clip as they are just a clip fit to the latch unit, think there may be two cables as was a while back when changed one, remove electrical connector and should do it, when refitting double check the the cables are clipped into the latch securely and not going to pop out of the latch or at the door handle end.

Back