Technical Door Speakers

Currently reading:
Technical Door Speakers

Q TOY

Got My Own Title
Will Alpine Type R 5x7 speakers fit onto the front door speaker mounts? I am worried about depth as well as the actual size of the speakers.

If not which speakers would you advise going for?

Ive got 13cm pioneer components in the front of my bravo . . spent a day soun dproffing the front doors but think it was a total waste of time for 13cm speakers.. If i had the chance i would go for 16cm components and see what the fitting adaptor from autoaudioaccessories is like ;

http://www.autoaudioaccessories.co.uk/?page=shop/flypage&product_id=24&category_id=fe26569731f2419abd6b694cca051dec&

I find that mine dont kick out that much bass but with a sub its not really a problem. Would like to get 16cm ones though after spending time and money on sound proffing the doors ;/

let us know what u go for m8 ..

Adam

Helz, the standard front speaker is a 5 x 7, with the tweeter in the dash. i believe the alpine ones are a straight swap.

i have 17cm alpine type r's in my door and they sound superb :D you have to take an angle grinder to the door tho to get the basket to fit, and tbh im not impressed with the fit of the aaa adaptor. it gives you the clearance you need to avoind the window, but on mine its pushing the bottom of the door card out and also only has the 2 bottom screws fitted in as the top line up with diddly squat :mad: i will be sorting this out come the summer though with the help of mr drill and angle grinder or mr fibreglass :D

I am thinking this is another way the mk1s differ from mk2s. I have fairly decent speakers in the dash (heaven knows what but they maketh noise to compete with the 6x9s), but the door ones from looking at the manual, are 5 watts (not sure if max or RMS but they don't put out any noise anyway apart from an occasional flutter). So now I guess we have the question of is the wiring up to an improved speaker?

I haven't done owt. Just cos i don't love my car anymore, so i am saving all my money to by something a little more Japaneseey (i know a sin)!

Yes, it is - I've put in some Sony XS-F1331 in my doors, and in the back parcel shelf mounts, and they're rated at 25 Watts RMS, 140 Watts Peak and, when they're on full whack, they can peel the fur from a badger. Going to replace the ones in the back with 6x9's, so I'll have a set to sell, if anyone's intersted... (Yes, I know, when it comes to sell them, I'll put this in the classified section)

Attachments

• Front Door Speakers.jpg
    Front Door Speakers.jpg
    526.8 KB · Views: 18
  • Rear Speakers.jpg
    Rear Speakers.jpg
    402.4 KB · Views: 23
  • i - Door Speaker (Door Open).jpg
    i - Door Speaker (Door Open).jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 19
  • ii - Door Speaker (Door Closed).jpg
    ii - Door Speaker (Door Closed).jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 19
So how much depth have we got to play with here? If I was going to replace the front 5x7's with another set, I take it there will be some around that dont require any modding about?
Also ive been wondering, is it easy enough to still run the replacement set with the dash tweeters?

I found that replacing the whole lot in the front made it a whole lot better sounding. I disconnected the front tweeters and removed the old door speakers. Pushed the old wiring out the way and replaced with some 13cm Boschmann Components and tweeters on the dash and they are wired to a 300watts per channel amp going through crossovers. With new tweeters, i can have more sound in the front and more thump thump in the back from the 2 subs. Hope this helps but i guess its down to personal prefference.

Fiat Bravo 1.8 16v HLX 1999 T Reg 57K.
17" Team Dynamics Hawks.
Lowered 45mm on Jamex.
Debaged rear.
Custom boot build
Alpine headunit.
2 x Alpine subs.
Renagade 1000w Amp.
Megavox 1200W Amp
Alpine 800w amp
Boshmann 1000w 6 x 9's.
Boschmann Front Components and tweeters with crossovers
DVD Player.
1 x 7" screen.
1 x 6" screen.
PS2.

COMING SOON!

Powerflow cat back exhaust with upswept letterbox tailpipe.
K&N Induction Kit.
Meshed front bumper.
Power boost valve.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 28
mines fairly similar for to Punto boy's but i have the standard tweeters in place still, running of the hu and they can take a hell of a pasting, and i mean a hell of a pasting :D

im not 100% sure how much depth there is to play woth really, but my alipe typre r comps are deep mofos and when just fitted to the dorr skin just intefered with the window. i have run all new wiring through to my door from the boot where the amp is for both the main woofer and tweeters as these are mounted ontop of the door card.

Hi guys! :D Listen, I want to put Sony HT- to front doors and the tweeters will put somewhere, i don't know where, yet. The sony speaker is 17 cm or I can buy the 13 cm speaker so I was wondering will 17 cm speakers fit? They have better sound and are better because of the power they produce. I will be satisfied with 13 cm but 17 cm ate better. Someone said that he put 17 cm Alpine speakers and did he needed to change something?

Nice work Magna Morbius with Sony! That speakers are great! I mean, they have very good an clean sound.

But what Punto Boy has in his car.... Really good and powerful!
Maybe he could put some pictures of the work he did on the site. :)

These are Sony HT Series speakres. These are 17 cm and the 13 cm look just the same but they are smaller :D I've put the picture of the speakrs but I dont know how will it appear. :confused:
Sony XS-HT170SN Review

Features of the Sony XS-HT170SN include:

16.5 cm 2-way Separate Custom Fit Speaker
16.5 cm, 2-way separate speakers
Maximum input power 240 W
Rated input power 60 W
Frequency response 50 Hz- 20 kHz
Sensitivity (2.38 V/ 1m) 92 dB (89 dB/ W/ m)
Woofer - Vacuum formed PP cone - Barium magnet
Tweeter - Soft dome - Neodymium magnet
External 12 dB HP/ LP crossover network with tweeter level adjustment (0 or -3 dB)

Attachments

• sonyxs-ht170sn.gif
    sonyxs-ht170sn.gif
    7 KB · Views: 200
Back