dont buy flyeyes

Currently reading:
dont buy flyeyes

(n)taken from CORSA-D|UK

http://www.ukcorsa-d.com/forum/showthread.php?30269-FlyEyes-Update-DONT-USE-THEM

If you guys have read the sticky then you will know I have had problems in the past with http://www.flyeyeskit.co.uk. Well it turns out that not only I have now got headlights with nice big burn marks on them ... Joe has also now got the burn marks ..
This is no co-incidence, this is because they are not safe to use and they will damage your vehicle ! we both now need new headlamps as the plastic on them have melted ...

can I please recommend that no one used these and if you have them on ... TAKE THEM OFF
don't just think" it hasn't happened to me yet so ill keep them on" because that's what others have done .. and now they have to "pay" the consequences.

Also they say they are compliant with MOT regulations .. when in actual fact they are not, they block light from leaving the headlamp and heat ...

Please listen to me guys .. its for your own good.

( i have contacted trading standards & they are aware of this now .. also VX )
I tried contacting flyeyeskit but they were rude and didn't reply to my phone calls or emails i sent ... also 3 letters !

without sounding like a rant... why on earth would anyone want to tint the headlights anyways? rears are all fine and good (as long as light still shines through) but fronts are just plain dumb. cant see any reason why anyone would want to reduce the light output at the front? as for rears, ur better off using a tint spray like e-tech or savage.

without sounding like a rant... why on earth would anyone want to tint the headlights anyways? rears are all fine and good (as long as light still shines through) but fronts are just plain dumb. cant see any reason why anyone would want to reduce the light output at the front? as for rears, ur better off using a tint spray like e-tech or savage.

And I cannot really see any logical reason why anyone would want to reduce the light output from their rear lights either. the idea of having a dazzling bright stop light is to, hopefully, give other drivers a bit of advanced warning. If your stop lights are dimmed it is highly likely that the car behind might not see them in time to stop.
Whilst someone ploughing into the back of your car is, technically, their fault, a half-decent brief could argue the case that your lights were so dim as to not be noticeable. Drivers have enough to concentrate on as it is without having to constantly strain to see a dimmed brake light.

And I cannot really see any logical reason why anyone would want to reduce the light output from their rear lights either. the idea of having a dazzling bright stop light is to, hopefully, give other drivers a bit of advanced warning. If your stop lights are dimmed it is highly likely that the car behind might not see them in time to stop.
Whilst someone ploughing into the back of your car is, technically, their fault, a half-decent brief could argue the case that your lights were so dim as to not be noticeable. Drivers have enough to concentrate on as it is without having to constantly strain to see a dimmed brake light.

While I do agree somewhat, manufacturers have been tinting rears for years and no one has batted an eyelid...however no manufacturer has been daft enough to actually tint headlamps...

But would a manufacturer's tint not be governed by light levels in much the same way as window tints are?
I imagine there are certain laws governing the amount of light being let through a tint.
A manufacturer might use a clear plastic with a smoky tint and a red, yellow, clear bulbs whereas normal rear lights tend to have coloured plastic lenses and white bulbs. Putting a smoky tint on a red lens would cut out far more light then a smoky tint on a clear lens.
I also wonder if the manufacturers make tlens in such a way that whilst one surface is tinted, there is still a clear surface allowing loads of light to escape?

fftintlights.jpg

Had the tint on for a while and didn't really think it affected the light output too much, had an HID kit on it so it evened it out a bit I think.

im with dave. my rears are tinted lightly so u can still see the red etc behind the tints and light out put remains good. tinting fronts tho... i cant see that being good.... punto lights are pants at the best of times, even with good bulbs in... driving down a dark back road with tinted lights on a car which dont have the best lights to start with just sounds dangerous.

(n)taken from CORSA-D|UK

http://www.ukcorsa-d.com/forum/showthread.php?30269-FlyEyes-Update-DONT-USE-THEM

If you guys have read the sticky then you will know I have had problems in the past with http://www.flyeyeskit.co.uk. Well it turns out that not only I have now got headlights with nice big burn marks on them ... Joe has also now got the burn marks ..
This is no co-incidence, this is because they are not safe to use and they will damage your vehicle ! we both now need new headlamps as the plastic on them have melted ...

can I please recommend that no one used these and if you have them on ... TAKE THEM OFF
don't just think" it hasn't happened to me yet so ill keep them on" because that's what others have done .. and now they have to "pay" the consequences.

Also they say they are compliant with MOT regulations .. when in actual fact they are not, they block light from leaving the headlamp and heat ...

Please listen to me guys .. its for your own good.

( i have contacted trading standards & they are aware of this now .. also VX )
I tried contacting flyeyeskit but they were rude and didn't reply to my phone calls or emails i sent ... also 3 letters !

10 months and no problem, ive taken 1 side off 2 replace as somebody tore it and no burn marks was visible.
''If you suspect your vehicle's light casings have been previously sprayed with a clear lacquer to protect against UV rays or stone chips, or if you have applied other tinting sprays, do not apply the film to your lights as the removal may cause damage to your existing lacquered finish''? < that was taken from their website in the faq section.

oh and i do have a hid kit, the flyeyes does lessen the lights a lil bit which imo is better with hid's as it doesnt blind oncomers as much.

Back